PDA

View Full Version : TDi Remaps again!!!!...

Jigs
14-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi there guys..I'am sure we have all been here before!..but I have now decided to remap, as opposed to just talking bout it!..:approve: but, i need a final say in this..Who is the best out there..No offense to those who provide a service here guys..but there are many peeps out there who provide this..like who provides the best service..bhp per £££ etc etc..

See I was thinking of either Revo, or AMD, any opinions are welcome, (better then no opinions ey..:D ..)

I almost forgot!...its a Passat 1.9Tdi 115 PD :) good ol workhorse needs a treat.. (me and me car) ..

Dieseltronics
14-03-2007, 10:16 PM
if you req a good remap contact chipped uk
dealers in most areas also is backed by german tuv approved :D

devonutopia
15-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Whereabouts are you in the country? I drive all the way from deepest darkest Devon to Peterborough to get remapped at Jabbasport. :) Worth looking them up on google and giving them a bell. :)

Jigs
15-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Iam in good ol' London..(North side).. I'am assuming all these remap providers give about the same sorta output.. on mine, I'am looking at about 150bhp??..correct??..meanwhile, I'l be checking Jabba for sure.. :))

Dieseltronics
15-03-2007, 09:43 PM
i am in the manchester area but if you req a local chip-tuner that is part of chipped uk then forward me details and i will find out who is the nearest to you ;)
or you can contact chipped uk direct he is in bromsgrove in the midlands :D
many thanks Dieseltronics
any body up for a group remap in manchester contact us

devonutopia
15-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Iam in good ol' London..(North side).. I'am assuming all these remap providers give about the same sorta output.. on mine, I'am looking at about 150bhp??..correct??..meanwhile, I'l be checking Jabba for sure.. :))

Yes, this would be the ballpark figure for a remap on the PD115, but no more really, at least not on the standard setup. You have essentially the same engine setup as a pd100, just a little different, so remap possibilities are about even. I had a pd100 fabia about 3 years ago with 154bhp, but that was with some other mods. I've come a long way since then and my car will only ever be tuned by Mike @ Jabba.

bora(ing) nick
16-03-2007, 12:12 PM

i live in manchester, and definately want a remap... just depends on the cost....

I'm going to Bulgaria at the end of next month so it'll coming out of my spending money......

Lets us know...

Nick

Dieseltronics
16-03-2007, 06:37 PM
nick let us know what you have ie bhp:biglaugh: and what you req ie do you req custom file or standard
will let you know price from then
you can contact direct at dieseltronics@hotmail.co.uk

bora(ing) nick
18-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Its the PD 100...standard

I ve heard the remap on these commonly returns around a 45BHP gain.

So i guess it depends on how your custom / standard file performs....

Nick

Jigs
19-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Hello again..I am back with some extra horses!..I called Mr Chip n Spin over the weekend, i gave in too quick (soo weak!!..) I had to get it done, and now I was smiling all the way to work, the whole 50 miles!..

I completely rate Mark at Chip n Spin for his efforts and time it took to remap. it wasnt as easy as plug and install map, we had to get the ECU out, it was something to do with there not being enough voltage for ECU to be read!..(odd ECU!, i think it was B15..), It takes a little while for the new map to get to its full potential, and let me tell you, it was good this morning, i think it will still get better. Apparently it takes 200miles to fully bed in. I would like to take it on a rolling road however, need to see what its kicking out, I think it should be in the region of 155!.. :) Oh, and if you really must know, the MPG has improved too..about 5%..given its not bedded in fully, I'd say thats quite a result.. :D

Again, I would like to thank Mark for his excellent work, support, service and deal, anyone wanting it done, DO IT!.. :) :)

devonutopia
19-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Looking forward to a dyno plot. :)

VanWheeler
20-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Jigs,

Thanks for the good feedback, that's 2 people on here now done and a2 very happy customers. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Cheers Mark

Hello again..I am back with some extra horses!..I called Mr Chip n Spin over the weekend, i gave in too quick (soo weak!!..) I had to get it done, and now I was smiling all the way to work, the whole 50 miles!..

I completely rate Mark at Chip n Spin for his efforts and time it took to remap. it wasnt as easy as plug and install map, we had to get the ECU out, it was something to do with there not being enough voltage for ECU to be read!..(odd ECU!, i think it was B15..), It takes a little while for the new map to get to its full potential, and let me tell you, it was good this morning, i think it will still get better. Apparently it takes 200miles to fully bed in. I would like to take it on a rolling road however, need to see what its kicking out, I think it should be in the region of 155!.. :) Oh, and if you really must know, the MPG has improved too..about 5%..given its not bedded in fully, I'd say thats quite a result.. :D

Again, I would like to thank Mark for his excellent work, support, service and deal, anyone wanting it done, DO IT!.. :) :)

ROBt191
20-03-2007, 11:07 PM
nick let us know what you have ie bhp:biglaugh: and what you req ie do you req custom file or standard
will let you know price from then
you can contact direct at dieseltronics@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Dieseltronics

I live in Manchester own a PD 100 BHP passat est and am finding it a bit sluggish low to mid range, what are my options and how much will it cost
ta

Loofer
27-03-2007, 04:31 PM
i am in the manchester area but if you req a local chip-tuner that is part of chipped uk then forward me details and i will find out who is the nearest to you ;)
or you can contact chipped uk direct he is in bromsgrove in the midlands :D
many thanks Dieseltronics

Hi peeps,

I've just recently bought an 01 Bora TDi 115 Sport. Seriously considering a remap but buying the car has put me back a bit so i'm very tight on budget. A friend gave me his tuning box (as he's had his remapped since) so I've been unsing that recently though I've gathered its not 'healthy' for the car.

What price can I expect from your contacts Dieseltronics?

Also... I've been doing a little reading around... the 115bhp pd engines for Bora come with either 285Nm or 312Nm... How can I find out which one mine is (although it certainly feels like the former!)? My friend told me that the MAF is quite problematic on these VWs... how can I find out if mine needs changing.

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks

VanWheeler
27-03-2007, 06:28 PM
You need to test the resistance across the MAF sensor with a multimeter. I'm looking but can't find out when the resistance should be. If it is out the the range specified, it's faulty.

Cheers Mark

Hi peeps,

I've just recently bought an 01 Bora TDi 115 Sport. Seriously considering a remap but buying the car has put me back a bit so i'm very tight on budget. A friend gave me his tuning box (as he's had his remapped since) so I've been unsing that recently though I've gathered its not 'healthy' for the car.

Also... I've been doing a little reading around... the 115bhp pd engines for Bora come with either 285Nm or 312Nm... How can I find out which one mine is (although it certainly feels like the former!)? My friend told me that the MAF is quite problematic on these VWs... how can I find out if mine needs changing.

Thanks

mojogoes
27-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi peeps,

Thanks

Or you could unplug the maf sensor and go for a spin , if it feels worse then its ok and if there more power at the bottom it needs changing.

Daytripper
28-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi guys

I have now done around a 1000 miles on my remap by Mark at Chip n Spin. It's like driving a new car the torque is massive. I had a demo 3.0tdi A6 for a couple of months while waiting for my 2.0tdi to turn up, since the remap my 2.0 A6 isn't far off the midrange pick up of the 3.0tdi. I still haven't managed to reach the top end as my tyres are only rated to 120, the car will spin in 3rd gear if i'm show boating. During normal driving the MPG is up and the driveability is improved massively with a very smooth power curve. Certainly the best investment I have made. You can reach him on 07756-190026.

mojogoes
28-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Good to hear another chipped tdi'er thats happy.

VanWheeler
28-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Mark,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for the feedback again. Glad the car is running well and the remap is doing it's job.

Cheers Mark

Hi guys

I have now done around a 1000 miles on my remap by Mark at Chip n Spin. It's like driving a new car the torque is massive. I had a demo 3.0tdi A6 for a couple of months while waiting for my 2.0tdi to turn up, since the remap my 2.0 A6 isn't far off the midrange pick up of the 3.0tdi. I still haven't managed to reach the top end as my tyres are only rated to 120, the car will spin in 3rd gear if i'm show boating. During normal driving the MPG is up and the driveability is improved massively with a very smooth power curve. Certainly the best investment I have made. You can reach him on 07756-190026.

Loofer
31-03-2007, 12:20 PM
MAF was all good... maybe my expectations are a bit too high for my car.:D

Think I wait for the remap... pockets are close to empty.:o

Once a remap is done, how long does it take to take effect i.e. notice a significant difference?

I hear different things on different forums (well I read hehe). Some people say it takes upto a couple of hundred miles as the engine has to gradually adjust to the new parameters, whereas some claim that it takes effect immediately and there are no further changes following that.

mojogoes
01-04-2007, 10:29 AM
MAF was all good... maybe my expectations are a bit too high for my car.:D

Think I wait for the remap... pockets are close to empty.:o

Once a remap is done, how long does it take to take effect i.e. notice a significant difference?

I hear different things on different forums (well I read hehe). Some people say it takes upto a couple of hundred miles as the engine has to gradually adjust to the new parameters, whereas some claim that it takes effect immediately and there are no further changes following that.

This isn't a claim its a fact..........you should notice straight away that you have more power but ware the discrepancy of the ecu comes in is that it will take about 4 or so day if its a daily driver for your ecu reevaluate/learn of the changes that have been made which usually means the car will get faster day by day.