PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat tilt switch/lever broken :(

Eshrules
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
There's been a few niggles on the A4 since I got it, most of which have now been sorted. however, the first time I go to drop the rear seats and bham, the damned catch is broken.

Anyone got any ideas on how easy/difficult this is to repair and/or how common this is?

I'm guessing this will be a main dealer item only, so I'm currently going through vagcat(.com) to find the relevant number

any advice in the mean time on how to/difficulty of repair would be appreciated guys.

towcestervag
07-03-2009, 10:32 PM
not too bad a job
if you can get seat down i usually use a hose removal tool and lever the catch back
once this is done remove the corner of the seat cover to gain access you will see how it comes out

Eshrules
08-03-2009, 01:05 AM
not too bad a job
if you can get seat down i usually use a hose removal tool and lever the catch back
once this is done remove the corner of the seat cover to gain access you will see how it comes out

sorry, I should have been clearer, it's the actual lever that's broken, thus I'm unable to tilt the seat

towcestervag
08-03-2009, 02:20 AM
as i said use a hose tool to get into the actual catch to lever the lock part back to release

Eshrules
08-03-2009, 03:35 AM
don't suppose you've got a part number for the lever have you? I'm struggling to find it on vagcat

towcestervag
08-03-2009, 06:31 PM
its a snap on tool i think it A179 I will look and let you know