PDA

View Full Version : rcd 300 cd won't eject

keith.parry@tal
07-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I have a rcd 300 fitted to my golf but can't get the cd to eject.
Can anyone help me out.

Many thanks

james1969
30-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I Have the same problem with mine.
The CD keeps chattering inside & is trying to come out.
I'm going to take out the stereo today (carefully) & try to remove the dodgy CD.

I'll let you know how I get on.

james1969
30-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Just done it, piece of p***.

Actually I'd put 2 cd's in at once. Stupid me.

OK, this is what I did.

Above the radio are two plastic face plates, one is the credit card holder & the other is the airbag "off" warning indicator. Using a small flat ended screwdriver (I used a metal kitchen spatula) flip out these plastic covers, unclip the airbag multi-plug & underneath are two torx headed screws. Undo the screws & CAREFULLY unclip the face plate around the radio (which also includes both airvents). Leaving the hazzard light multiplug connected place the entire face plate ontop of your dashboard. Then just 4 more torx screws holding in the radio & it's out !!. I then took out 2 tiny torx bolts on the side of the unit (this holds on the top plate), plugged the radio back in to power it up & helped out the cd. Works perfectly.

Hope this helps friend.

Andy

oneilly
22-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I did the same, took it apart last night, now airbag won't go off!!:zx11:

tiching99
01-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Just done it, piece of p***.

Actually I'd put 2 cd's in at once. Stupid me.

OK, this is what I did.

Above the radio are two plastic face plates, one is the credit card holder & the other is the airbag "off" warning indicator. Using a small flat ended screwdriver (I used a metal kitchen spatula) flip out these plastic covers, unclip the airbag multi-plug & underneath are two torx headed screws. Undo the screws & CAREFULLY unclip the face plate around the radio (which also includes both airvents). Leaving the hazzard light multiplug connected place the entire face plate ontop of your dashboard. Then just 4 more torx screws holding in the radio & it's out !!. I then took out 2 tiny torx bolts on the side of the unit (this holds on the top plate), plugged the radio back in to power it up & helped out the cd. Works perfectly.

Hope this helps friend.

Andy

Hey Andy

Did you actually open up the stereo head unit to get the CD's out? I've got the same problem, am fairly confident in removing bits of trim, wires and torx bolts, but haven't opened up a stereo unit before.

Did you have to take any special precautions when opening up the head unit?

Ta

daclyn
29-03-2010, 05:51 PM
We put a CD in upside down and had to GRAB it as it kept coming out and going in very quickly.

Hope this helps.