PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TFSI Remap

eyestar
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
My first new topic so please be gentle :approve:

I have recently taken delivery of lovely gleaming (for about 5 mins after it's washed) 2.0T S Line, after previously owning a VX Zafira I'm sure you can imagine my elation, the only minor disappointment I had was with performance, I know it's not slow but I did expect a bit more, so yesterday I went to see Mike at Motech and got myself a remap, a rather impulsive decision however not one I'm regretting in the slightest, the car feels alive when you plant your right foot, even in 6th it pulls like a beast. I went to bed last night with a big grin, and got up early this morning because I wanted another go :biglaugh:

If anyone is thinking about getting one I can recommend Motech, after researching various forums they always seem get positive comments which was vital in choosing them.

I'm off for another drive.....................

--------------------------
A4 2.0 TFSI S Line, Ibis White, Milano Leather, Advanced Key, Heated Seats, B&O, DAB, Interior Light Pack, Piano Black Inserts, S Line Suspension, Cruise Control.

gregpawley
06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi I picked my 2.0T on Monday spent a week driving upto and around he lake district and have managed to put a 1000 miles on it.

It feels noticably quicker then first collected also noticed the milage is better on the return journey then getting there (just over 41mpg spent mainly sat at 80ish on cruise for 350 miles and then a 50 mile blast through the lanes).

I expect the performance and milage to improve as I put more miles on, but will wait for the summer before thinking of getting it remapped.

Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.

Bristle Hound
06-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I watch this post with great interest! :beerchug:

motechmike
07-03-2009, 02:56 PM

I have recently taken delivery of lovely gleaming (for about 5 mins after it's washed) 2.0T S Line, after previously owning a VX Zafira I'm sure you can imagine my elation, the only minor disappointment I had was with performance, I know it's not slow but I did expect a bit more, so yesterday I went to see Mike at Motech and got myself a remap, a rather impulsive decision however not one I'm regretting in the slightest, the car feels alive when you plant your right foot, even in 6th it pulls like a beast. I went to bed last night with a big grin, and got up early this morning because I wanted another go :biglaugh:

If anyone is thinking about getting one I can recommend Motech, after researching various forums they always seem get positive comments which was vital in choosing them.

I'm off for another drive.....................

A4 2.0 TFSI S Line, Ibis White, Milano Leather, Advanced Key, Heated Seats, B&O, DAB, Interior Light Pack, Piano Black Inserts, S Line Suspension, Cruise Control.

HI mate

really glad ur happy with the car.. There real nice to tune and go very well !!

Keep using the good fuel .

Thanks Mike

ScottyUK
07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Glad you're happy with it. :D

Did you get a dyno graph or before and after figures?

eyestar
08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
No just got the remap done, I have a ball park figure of around 250hp now but nothing definitive. It is much quicker than it was, it's like driving a different car when you boot it, I still can't get over the pull in 6th even from around 2k. My other half is getting naffed off with me wanting to go out all the time, bless her she just doesn't understand :approve:

I may well get it tested in the near future just out of curiosity, however I would need to find a reliable place to get this done, for now just enjoying the extra oomph :biglaugh:

dorosth
08-03-2009, 02:53 PM
dont mean to hijack the thread but could i ask motechmike a question about fuel and anyone else can feel free to add.
High octane fuel (bp ultimate etc) does it really make any difference to performance, fuel economy? on an audi a4 avant 20t fsi engine?

Thanks

Plife
08-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I would be really interested in some graphs and before/after figures!

motechmike
09-03-2009, 02:54 PM
dont mean to hijack the thread but could i ask motechmike a question about fuel and anyone else can feel free to add.
High octane fuel (bp ultimate etc) does it really make any difference to performance, fuel economy? on an audi a4 avant 20t fsi engine?

Thanks

Yes big time.. the ECU will see the higher ron fuel and speed the timming and fueling etc.. Run two tanks through and you will see.. :biglaugh:

motechmike
09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I would be really interested in some graphs and before/after figures!

Hi wont we be long.. All the B8's we have done have been too new as in still Audi's to pop on the dyno's .. So wont be too long..

Mike

engineermk
09-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Thanks

You will definatly feel a performance boost on accelerations etc. Any engine that has active knock control (as current Audi's will have) can explot the higher octane rating to boost performance as the ignition can be advanced more before knock (detonation) occurs. Generally speaking the greater the ignition advance the better the performance.

Fuel consumption improvements are less noticable but theoretically there should be some but this may be neglieble.

Run your tank low of 95RON adn fill with some 98, or 102RON (avaialbel at £2.50/litre at some BP stations) and try some in gear accelerations, you'll fell the difference.

I occasionally get 100RON fuel that's left over from our test programmes at work... you can feel the differance! But i nearly always fill with regualr 95RON at teh pumps when i'm paying.

dorosth
09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi motechmike and engineermk,

thank you very much, i will definetely try it to hoepfully feel the difference!

motechmike
09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
102 ron.. here comes the good stuff !

bodger1961
29-03-2009, 05:03 PM
hope you get no engine problems they do not cover any manufactures warranty. yet superchips do more money i know but peice of mind, good look

JumpUp
29-03-2009, 06:44 PM

I have recently taken delivery of lovely gleaming (for about 5 mins after it's washed) 2.0T S Line, after previously owning a VX Zafira I'm sure you can imagine my elation, the only minor disappointment I had was with performance, I know it's not slow but I did expect a bit more, so yesterday I went to see Mike at Motech and got myself a remap

Ok, Ok, being a total newbie and knowing bugger all about cars, what is a remap? Is is just messing around with the Engine Control Unit? I like the sound of it. I have an 09 plate 1.8T FSI SE 160. I assume I could get it remapped?? It's a lease car, so would I get in the **** with my lease company.... assuming I told them......

Plus how much does it cost?

motechmike
29-03-2009, 07:00 PM
The offer for £280 all in is still on. ! take a look at the sit at what we do.

thanks Mike

Ross Stoddart
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Mike, have you done any 1.8 TFSIs? 120bhps B8s? (Before you all start mocking my engine choice it was all I could persuade my company to give me).

If you have done any = what bhp did you manage? how much are we looking at?

motechmike
12-04-2009, 09:45 AM
HI we have a few in the B8s mainy for dealers and the same with the passat's go much mich better after !

Mike

1.8 TFSI163hp195hp220hp285hp