PDA

View Full Version : Passat tdi 110bhp fault code 00519

peteh81
05-03-2009, 07:52 PM
hi,
ive had this problem for a while now which of late ive decided to try and sort out . basically put your foot down and the car goes into limp home mode.
i bought a code reader and the code 00519 came up so i bought a new map sensor and fitted it into the pipe that runs across the rear of the engine, erased codes and drove it again , same code came up again. so today i fitted a new maf sensor and it happened again.
im sort of beginning to give up on this , so would appreciate it if anybody knows what i could try next.

thanks pete

kenney
05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Intake manifold pressure sender -G71
implausible signal
Charge pressure control solenoid valve (N75) defective Check N75
Control unit defective
Hose connections interchanged, not connected
Reduced output
Increased emission figures
Short to positive
Short to earth

martin1810
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
That's the danger of following the scan report. Just because a sensor signal is odd it doesn't mean the sensor is faulty. I would pull the vacuum pipe off the turbo acuator and try sucking or blowing. If you can do either you have a vacuum leak and need to change the pipes. I always start here regardless because it costs peanuts and often works.

sabrina bec
01-03-2010, 11:05 AM
with engine running pull the vac hose off the wastgate on top of the turbo,check its pulling air,just stick ur finger on the end,if it isnt u hav a vac leak and need to replace hoses,if it sticks to your finger then look at the rod imbetween the wastgate and turbo,wen u pull off the vac line the rod should drop about 20mm,mine was seized and only moved 4mm so spray loads of wd40 on it then get some long nosed pliers and push it down,you will feel it crack as it frees up,keep puting the hose on and off watch it,it will go up and down,now take your car on the motorway,in 3rd gear get the revs up to 4.5 and clear ur turbo out,chances are it will have **** in it. hope this is of use mine had every symptom you had and is now fine.

zollaf
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
That's the danger of following the scan report. Just because a sensor signal is odd it doesn't mean the sensor is faulty. I would pull the vacuum pipe off the turbo acuator and try sucking or blowing. If you can do either you have a vacuum leak and need to change the pipes. I always start here regardless because it costs peanuts and often works.
thats also the problem with a code reader only that wont read live data. if it did you could look at the map sensor readings and see if it was actually faulty or not.

peteh81
01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
hi , just to let u know that my dad now has the car but we did fix the problem, it was the MAP sensor, so we got that de soldered from the ecu and fitted a aftermarket external one.
cheers for ur help tho .
pete