PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Problem

Rich1880
05-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi All

I am new to the site, However have an Audi A4 2002 with Factory Fitted RS4 Kit, I will get a coiuple of pics posted.

I love the car hoever have a small possible fault Ihope you can help me with. This may be a coincidence but everytime it is really freezing outside i.e minus 5 my alarm sounds, no lights flash and until i use the car it keeps going on and off.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks again and look forward to chatting with you all.

Rich

towcestervag
05-03-2009, 06:36 PM
sounders can be problematic

xenon
05-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Probably is the alarm sounder. Have a look at this link http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=49828
which may help you. I've recently had to replace the whole unit as the batteries had leaked and completely ruined the circuit board inside.

Rich1880
05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the quick responses its much appreciated, the link is excellent and I will ive it a go this weekend, can I ask does the wiring simply unplug from the siren box? also if I do this and do not add a new siren box what will be the outcome? No Siren obviously but will it affect anything else?

Thanks again

xenon
05-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, the wiring unclips from the siren unit. Apart from losing the alarm siren, it shouldn't affect anything else. To be certain that it is the alarm siren I would get the car read for fault codes first.

Rich1880
05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah I have arranged for someone to rig it up to Vag Com next week so that should tell me if any further faults. To be honest as long as no siren noise I'm happy.

Rich1880
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi

Can someone confirm the exact location of the siren, If I m looking into my boot from the back of the car, lift the carpet all I can see is a black circular piece of black plastic screwed to the boot, where should I be looking?

Thanks Again

xenon
06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
The siren is on the driver's side behind the rear bumper and is accessed by removing the trim from the interior of the boot. Procedure varies slightly depending on if it's a saloon or Avant

Rich1880
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for that, mine is the Saloon, so is this the back trim in the boot or the trim located on the drivers side?

Rich1880
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I located the siren in the boot, disconnected it and cut the thing in half, looks like you were right as one of the batteries had considerable corrosion which had corroded the positive connector. I have removed it for the time being until I get the bits from Maplin to fix the unit.

Thanks again everyone.