PDA

View Full Version : A6 Wheel Upgrade

p111fro
05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi, I have a 2000 A6 with standard 16" alloys, I have been offered a set of 17" 8J Trapez alloys with 225 tyres off a 2008 TT, I have tried them on the back and they fit ok. The front although they fit on, slightly rub on the inside. Can anyone help me with what size spacers are required and would I require longer wheel bolts. Thanks Phil :confused:

martinj
24-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Have a look on the back of the two wheels - the ones on your car and the new ones - for the ET. It will be a number in the range of 35 - 45 ish and this will give you an idea of how much spacing you may need.

There is no simple answer as the style of the wheel may dictate that you need more of less spacing to make the new ones fit. You will probably find that the new and existing wheels have a different ET - amount of offset from the centre line of the wheel to the hub face, and this is what is causing the issue. The new wheels have probably got a higher ET and the difference will be roughly the amound of the spacer width in mm that you will need - but no guarantees.

Martin