How to Vredestein Sessanta tyre compare to the good year Eagle F1 Asymmetric

to go on an Audi A8 quattro sport

has any tried and tested these

wully_m8
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
a would take the f1s :) mum had them on her passat really good

paul b
04-03-2009, 10:56 PM
No idea about Vredestein, never used them.

Goodyears wear too quickly, which isn't helped because of the tread pattern. They'll become illegal on the outer edge quicker than the inside edge.

Michelin Pilot Sport/Primacy's or Bridgestone Potenzas all the way. I know they cost more but if its quality you want...

andy14
05-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys

I have spoken to a few Tyre dealers who have advised that Vredestein and Goodyear Eagle F1 are hard wear and are the two they recommend aswell as the Pilots sport 2 which are alot dearer.

Does any one have contact details of a Tyre supplier with reasonable prices

Primo1000
05-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I've got Ultrac Sessantas on my Golf GTI and I can honestly say they are a classy tyre. I read loads of reviews and each time the f1's and the ultracs were neck and neck but I plumbed for the Vredestein because a) they were slightly cheaper and b) the tread pattern is awesome.

Both are really good tyres, the tread on mine looks untouched after 5K.

Primo1000
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys

I have spoken to a few Tyre dealers who have advised that Vredestein and Goodyear Eagle F1 are hard wear and are the two they recommend aswell as the Pilots sport 2 which are alot dearer.

Does any one have contact details of a Tyre supplier with reasonable prices

I got my Vredesteins off Camskill.co.uk, £80 a corner for 225/45R17 94Y XL TL. The best I could find anywhere.

Naseem
05-03-2009, 08:26 PM
I've recently gone for the Vredestein Ultrac 3. Needed to replace all 4 on my A6, and the pilots were simply too costly.

Anyway, the Vredestein came top in the Auto Express tyre test and at around a third of the price of pilots it's a no brainer for me, 60 each corner fitted 16". With the recent wet weather we've had they've been really good.

andy14
06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Chaps thanks for you replys, I have decided to go with Vresdestein sessanta, now the question is

WHERE can I get these cheap as poss

paul b
06-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Chaps thanks for you replys, I have decided to go with Vresdestein sessanta, now the question is

You can mail order on Blackcircles.com, but then you would need to find someone to fit them.

I'd say you need to try a few local tyre places... by that I don't mean Kwik-Fit. :p

DavidC_Surrey
22-03-2009, 06:15 PM
How to Vredestein Sessanta tyre compare to the good year Eagle F1 Asymmetric

to go on an Audi A8 quattro sport

has any tried and tested these

I have the Vredestein Sessantas on my Audi TTS. They are nothing short of staggering! My car came with the factory pirellis on 18 inch rims but i wanted 19 inchers (it was a cancelled order wich I snapped up) and I looked at all the tyres in that fitment. I was drawn to the Sessantas because they came second to the F1 but cost a lot less and look miles better. Will probably put some on my other cars when they come due.

Wet and dry grip is phenominal and as you will have noticed they look absolutely stunning with that tread pattern which is like nothing else you have ever seen! I don't know how they work, but they work very well indeed. I have phat 255x35x19 on my TTS and I am amazed that even with such a wide tyre it just seems to ride through any standing water that I've hit with no hint of aquaplaning.

Reports say that it has better wear than the Eagle F1 Assymetric but I wouldn't know about that.

My advice is go for it. You won't be disappointed and nor will your wallet!

David

DavidC_Surrey
22-03-2009, 06:21 PM

I also got mine from Camskill but immediately afterwards I found a chap on eBay selling them even cheaper!

David