PDA

View Full Version : Front brake pads that never wear out!!

Matt B
13-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I have just had a service and MOT ( a week apart) and I still can't believe that my front brake pads are the orginal ones.

I have covered 86,000 miles in 3 years (from new) in my Touran 2.0TDi Sport and still the front pads are only 70% worn according the the VW dealer that serviced the car or 50% worn according to the MOT garage in my village.

Unless the VW dealer replaced them without telling me or charging me a while back then they are doing well!!

Admittingly alot of the miles are motorway, but these days motorway driving involves hitting the brakes hard when suddenly the brake lights in front go on. Stop start all the time (70mph to 10mph to 70 mph etc. etc)

I have to say the Touran may be a bit dull (though the sport model with sports suspension in maui blue - which is mine! looks good) but it is built to last, has a good spec on it and hasn't cost much to run. Variable service every 18k or so, timming belt at 80K and tyres when needed. thats it!!!

I am selling it now though as a company car beckons, so I will be sorry to see it go but hope my next car (likley to be a VW or Audi) will be as good.

yogise
26-03-2007, 09:36 PM
sods law that a week after you sell it itll need pads alround:biglaugh:

nicfw
29-03-2007, 03:12 PM
you don't say how many sets of rear pads the car has used!:approve: