PDA

View Full Version : 3 beeps from dash on engine start

j.johnson23
03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
This does not happen when ignition is switched on.Does anyone know what this means?All dash lamps work and go out after engine has started.All ok apart from this.1999 PASSAT 1.8T.Also does anyone have a list of what the other beeps mean.I ask this because during my search there does not appear to be definate answers to the questions asked.Many thanks in advance.

eduardo1180
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
i had the same on my passat tdi sport it started doing exactly the same as yours 2 days later battery had to be changed!!!! so it might be the computer telling you the battery is on its life end.....

j.johnson23
04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
UPDATE. I`ve had a vag-com reading today.No faults found.When ABS was checked the 3 beeps sounded and ABS light illuminated.Checked out ok though.Ive heard some horror storys about the ABS module failing and am wondering if thats about to happen!:(

GaryPassat
12-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi. I had the same issue with my old 1.8T although the ABS warning light came on. After checking all the wheel sensors it turned out to be the ABS controll module. There are plenty of people on Ebay selling re con units. Good luck.