PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Help

MATTYBOY C
02-03-2009, 11:57 PM
:1zhelp:Hi alll,

I am after a little help with the stereo set up in my car, i have an A4 currently fitted with a chorus head unit and glove box mounted disc changer,i am upgrading to a kenwood system and need an addaptor plug, having looked across the net there are many avalible depending on what you have fitted, i have 3 iso plugs in the back of the chorus head unit, from what i remember about fitting stereos one is the power one the speakers but is the third the power ect for the cd changer or for the amp ect located in the boot, also how can i tell if the system is fully amplified (front & rear) or half amplified (rear only) as makes a difference to the plugs avalible.

Any help with this gratefuly recieved,
Thanks again,
Matt

bez101
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
:1zhelp:Hi alll,

I am after a little help with the stereo set up in my car, i have an A4 currently fitted with a chorus head unit and glove box mounted disc changer,i am upgrading to a kenwood system and need an addaptor plug, having looked across the net there are many avalible depending on what you have fitted, i have 3 iso plugs in the back of the chorus head unit, from what i remember about fitting stereos one is the power one the speakers but is the third the power ect for the cd changer or for the amp ect located in the boot, also how can i tell if the system is fully amplified (front & rear) or half amplified (rear only) as makes a difference to the plugs avalible.

Any help with this gratefuly recieved,
Thanks again,
Matt

if its bose its fully amped what car have you got and does it say bose on your speaker covers

MATTYBOY C
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply, i'm pretty sure it's not bose as there is no bose emblem on the door covers, it seems to be a 10 speaker set up 2 in each door a sub in the boot and a small one on the dash, the car is a 2002 a4 avant 1.9 tdi 130 sport,
Thanks again,
Matt

bez101
03-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply, i'm pretty sure it's not bose as there is no bose emblem on the door covers, it seems to be a 10 speaker set up 2 in each door a sub in the boot and a small one on the dash, the car is a 2002 a4 avant 1.9 tdi 130 sport,
Thanks again,
Matt
its a rear amp only then as for the cd changer the small patch lead is easy to get loads ov places on the net and ebay make sure its kenwood to audi tho

MATTYBOY C
03-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks very much, think i'm sorted now found one on ebay about £20 all in
Thanks again