PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

CyberHawk
02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm wanting to buy a 2.0 GT TSI Scirocco, with a part xchange of a 2004 2.0 GT FSI Golf (engine discontinued). At the moment its £14840 to change 6,500 for my old one, as its discontinued, with the Scirocco being £21,340 (with the new increase in price)

I that a good deal, particularly compared to what some people have gotten on this forum?

I have also read that the TSI engine fails the Euro V emissions regulations that come into force in 2010, will that mean on trade in, I'm gonna get hit in the wallet, whereas the new MK6 Golf GTi is going to have a TSi engine that meets the regs, presumably will then appear in Scirocco's made after the GTi is available. Don't want to fall into the trap I fell into the last time. Any thought guys?

When I test drove the Scirocco I felt the arm rest really got in the way of the gear change and I was hitting my knees off the steering wheel. Didn't get much time to adjust it, I take it the steering wheel adjusts the same as the golf both in height and pulling it away from the dashboard, so I can get my knees in behind it like I currently do?

Any help would be much appreciated

~Hawk

mister.c.
04-03-2009, 07:40 PM
No idea whether your px is decent I am afraid.

Whilst the list is £21.3k you should be able to get a new one for £20k at the most (Broadspeed has a price of £19,694 (+their fee of £299) or a 58 plate at £18,700.

So if you believe the px is good value (and therefore the cost to change is good value), then go for it.

Ravens
05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
We got a pre-reg Scirocco 2.0GT with leather for £19995. The new 2.0 GT engine has lower emissions than the 2.0GTI engine. It is much lower and harder to get in and out of if you are tall or big! It also has daytime driving lights to meet the 2010 regs. Dealers can turn them off using computer codes. It is a great car and much better to drive than the than the Golf GTI.

CyberHawk
05-03-2009, 02:05 PM
We got a pre-reg Scirocco 2.0GT with leather for £19995. The new 2.0 GT engine has lower emissions than the 2.0GTI engine. It is much lower and harder to get in and out of if you are tall or big! It also has daytime driving lights to meet the 2010 regs. Dealers can turn them off using computer codes. It is a great car and much better to drive than the than the Golf GTI.

My understanding was the the current Scirocco GT only came with the 2.0 TSi Engine that was in the Mk5 Golf GTi, which has the higher emission? In the brochure the GT engine is stated as a EURO 4 emission car and not 5, whereas the Golf Mk6 are all Euro 5. When the new Mk6 Golf GTi comes out I believe its engine will then be put into the Scirocco GT replacing the old TSi. Is my information wrong?

~Hawk

Ravens
05-03-2009, 04:31 PM
The emission of the Golf GTI engine is 194g/km, that of the Scirroco is 179g/km. The engines look different and have different names although outputs are the same. More than that I do not know.

CyberHawk
05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just concerned that the engine will be discontinued the same as my current one. Don't want to fall into the same trap as before