PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A4 Cabriolet 52 reg boot or bonnet will not shut

fourcircles
02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Can anyone offer me their advice on a current problem I am experiencing with my Audi?The boot nor the bonnet will close - Nothing is seized but neither of them will lock shut. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

daviemac11
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi mate,
This may sound simple and you may have checked already but I experienced this not long ago with my A4 Avant bonnet.
Try checking that the bonnet release lever in the driver footwell is pushed back into the correct position. My lever seemed a bit sticky and therefore was remaining in the open position once I pulled it.

As for you boot not closing, try a search on the forum for 'boot lock' or similar. I seem to recall quite a few people having problems with some solenoid I think.

Hope this helps,
Davie.;)

bez101
02-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Can anyone offer me their advice on a current problem I am experiencing with my Audi?The boot nor the bonnet will close - Nothing is seized but neither of them will lock shut. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
as above for bonnet
have you checked the boot look is open ?

coolio
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
lol, I have the release handle issue with my 04 bonnet also

chris gibson
06-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I believe it may be the boot lock solenoid, I had the exact problem.

I tried repairing the solenoid mechanism with WD, it worked for a while then failed again. I then bought a brand new solenoid £28 OEM, sorted and perfect. Easy job to do, ensure you remove the hidden screw holding the boot handle on.

Cheers