PDA

View Full Version : Please Help turbo and general questions.

bellaspopsa4
28-02-2009, 08:40 PM
sup all? new to site here. i have an 04 Audi a4 and been having mixed feelings about it. bought it bout year.5 ago and in the last few months, it's been actin up. had to replace the ig coils, sun visor and fuel pump. now i'm in the market for a TCM. (i have one lined up, waitin on the core). honestly... i FREAKING LOVE this car! even with the prbs. keeping it with all the maintenance costs irritates the wife but i'm keepin it regardless. that should tell you something.

anyways, since i'm gonna keep it, i want the most out of it. i found this guy with a wrecked 02 tt225 quattro. i want to take the turbo off it and install it in mine. i think the turbo for his is a K04 but not entirely sure. can anyone tell me if it is and if i can do a one for one swap wit mine? also if i have to do anything else. i was readin about remapping. what is that? i have a Forge DV that i never installed also. any help will be appreciated.

i'm pretty mecahnically inclined, but i will admit that the 1.8t is a different animal. i'm excited to get into it. thanks.

Marco34
01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
I can't really help about the turbo, but, have you not considered a remap, or are you after serious power!!

bellaspopsa4
01-03-2009, 02:58 AM
i don't know what a remap is

mj62mj62
01-03-2009, 09:10 AM
had my 1.9 tdi revo tuned. Best thing ever :-) i too love my a4. It's auto - if yours is too then get the gearbox oil checked every time it's in. Anyway, revo is awesome because it's more responsive and more powerful. You need special insurance tho. Brentacre was the only one who would insure me and it was cheaper than before the remap! :-) happy driving :-) m

Col
01-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Yosamite Sam

vs

Mary Poppins

vs

Street boy gangsta stylee

vs

Year 1 English Class.