PDA

View Full Version : went to chipped uk today for a power run

hongkongstuey
28-02-2009, 07:40 PM
got there a little late 11.45am, on the rollers was a 320d bmw, which produced close to 180hp but was getting hot, next was a member from here paul b(not paul b after all, 2 litre dsg passat), cant remember what figure he had produced? but anyway, i'll let them add there own figures here. couple more had a run then it was my turn for a power run, had expected it to reach the manufacturers (upsolute) claimed 143hp, so they got it on, strapped it down and fiddled with the pc and turned the fans on, they give it a couple of runs and it produced

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4617/fastpas2.jpg

they commented on it pulling strongly all the way through, was really impressed and averaged 65mpg on way home :biglaugh: considering its a 110 standard i make that a 44% increase in power and torque has gone from 173lb to make 47.5% more, good eh

and for anyone there who didnt catch everyones names, i was the one with the shiny silver passat and had a green jacket and bald head :biglaugh:

oh and that tsi golf produced 222hp!! not bad for a 1.4

paul b
28-02-2009, 08:30 PM
got there a little late 11.45am, on the rollers was a 320d bmw, which produced close to 180hp but was getting hot, next was a member from here paul b, cant remember what figure he had produced? but anyway, i'll let them add there own figures here. couple more had a run then it was my turn for a power run, had expected it to reach the manufacturers (upsolute) claimed 143hp, so they got it on, strapped it down and fiddled with the pc and turned the fans on, they give it a couple of runs and it produced

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4617/fastpas2.jpg

they commented on it pulling strongly all the way through, was really impressed and averaged 65mpg on way home :biglaugh: considering its a 110 standard i make that a 44% increase in power and torque has gone from 173lb to make 47.5% more, good eh

and for anyone there who didnt catch everyones names, i was the one with the shint silver passat and had a green jacket and bald head :biglaugh:
That's a fantastic gain. I bet with the chip the car is a totally different animal. :D

As for me being there... it must be someone who looks like me. :biglaugh:

hongkongstuey
28-02-2009, 08:40 PM
upsolute quoted figure for the 110 passat is 143hp, so i was pleasantly suprised it had 15hp more than it should, i kinda knew it had to be more than 143 as the performance doesnt match the 143 figure, better to be closer to 160 than 140. next thing on the to do list, wait for the clutch/turbo to go :biglaugh:

paul b
28-02-2009, 08:50 PM
next thing on the to do list, wait for the clutch/turbo to go :biglaugh:
Was just going to say, I wonder if the standard clutch can take it? I know when remapping PD130s you should change the clutch, but the 110s I don't know. Anyhow, we'll soon find out for ourselves. ;)

hongkongstuey
28-02-2009, 09:22 PM
got the money for a new clutch but it doesnt get hard acceleration and ive only totally floored it a few times, mainly half or less throttle, never need full throttle to be honest? its got enough torque for me :biglaugh:

InTheSeat
28-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Yes, I had a run up there too. Now looking to upgrade the clutch as it was slipping every time I powered down to overtake on the way back down the M40. Running 187.5hp in the end. Motor runs much smoother right from go now. Any suggestions on cluch type would be much appreciated, cheers. :approve:

hongkongstuey
28-02-2009, 10:14 PM
read that the standard vr6 clutch is a good replacement, best to look it up though, i may be wrong, although many companies offer uprated ones, some in u.s. though? kermatdi in the u.s. do one, think forge do one too? they usually have the torque limit quoted with the uprated one, lowest i saw was 415nm, not sure what lb/ft that is but thats gonna take some torque before it slips ;)

Ben
28-02-2009, 10:38 PM
stuey, we must just oh missed each other. i left just before the bmw went on. good news for me is that the recent software update that vw did, has not removed my map.

hongkongstuey
28-02-2009, 11:01 PM
stuey, we must just oh missed each other. i left just before the bmw went on. good news for me is that the recent software update that vw did, has not removed my map.

did you get a run or a map? i had a bit of a run round getting there to be honest, night out in stafford last night, then on way to brom, got a text fro mrs sayin leccy had gone, was at walsall, so nipped off mway and trawled through wolvo back to telford via m54, got some leccy, went home, then did the back roads to brom with some sunday drivers, pretty much one road from ironbridge to brom :beerchug:

what you get today then? standard vs new

hongkongstuey
02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
showed the graph to a few mates at worktoday an some guy who's always done something or got something better, showed him the graph and he said 'only 255lb ft of torque?' mines got 300 he said, he owns a 2005 150 alfa jtd 16v, i cant see a diesel putting out double torque more than power out of a small engined diesel, so i looked it up, think he's got confused between nm and lb/ft, 236lb/ft 320nm, so he got it wrong as well.

mines 345nm then :biglaugh: i win!!!!

Ben
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
i just wanted to see if mt map was still on the car following an earlier ecu update.