PDA

View Full Version : Millers Fuel Additive

m8gic
28-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Hi I am planning on adding some additive to my Audi a4 B6 tdi. I was wondering if the Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 Performance Fuel Additive is recommended or is there any other better ones. Also what does it actually do and is £12 reasonable for a 500ml bottle.

danclyon
28-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi I am planning on adding some additive to my Audi a4 B6 tdi. I was wondering if the Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 Performance Fuel Additive is recommended or is there any other better ones. Also what does it actually do and is £12 reasonable for a 500ml bottle.

Price is about right. Actually claims to improve the Cetane rating of the diesel in the tank by 3-4 points - taking normal supermarket diesel up into the realms of BP Ultimate and Shell VPower. It also contains a good whack of cleaning agents to clean from the tank through the injectors etc. much like the premium diesels mentioned.

It's good for a clean through - but a bottle will do you about ~5 tanks (from memory) - which makes it not that much different to running on something like VPower - where you are starting with a higher Cetane rating in the first place....

Lots swear by it, and were I not running on VPower all the time I'd probably be using that and Forte diesel treatment to keep the whole system cleaned through as best as possible.

HTH
Cheers,
Dan.

Braveheart1981
28-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I've just started using Forte Advance Diesel treatment which a lot of people speak highly of. Too early for me to comment on it yet but I managed to source it for about £10 per bottle.

danclyon
28-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I've just started using Forte Advance Diesel treatment which a lot of people speak highly of. Too early for me to comment on it yet but I managed to source it for about £10 per bottle.

They are two similar but different products. Forte is purely a cleaner and offers no Cetane rating improvement. Whether they both do the same cleaning is anyones guess, but I still think I'll pop a Forte through just before its next service....

Wonder if we could do a group buy on them?

Cheers,
Dan.

Braveheart1981
28-02-2009, 05:51 PM
If we can get some enough people interested and how many bottles people are after I'm happy to contact the guy who I got mine from and see what he could do for us. New thread maybe?????

Trainerman
28-02-2009, 09:24 PM
:( I was using millers regulary, until it seemed I had a turbo fault, i.e. overboost and then limp home mode. As it turns out the additive had cleaned out the tank and fuel lines and blocked the fuel filter with a waxy sludge. The engine now sounds much better and pulls more cleanly throughout the rev range. My audi is a 1.9tdi 100bhp with 133000 miles on the clock. I'm getting about 45mpg around town and approx 58mpg on motor way trips traveling at the speed limit all the way. So yes I still use it as it seems to work very well at what it says it does.:Blush:

Marco34
01-03-2009, 01:59 AM
I agree with Dan. Forte is super as a cleaning additive. My A4 allbeit 7.5 years old has only 43k but runs very well and is clean. I use Forte about 3 times a year and Millers when I remember ;) Prob every 4th tank or more during the winter.

lucas88
02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Can anyone reccomend an additive for petrol cars?