PDA

View Full Version : RE : 1999 Golf V5

cworts
13-12-2005, 03:40 PM
In case anyone is interested....

We have now fixed the problem with the V5

It was the ignition control unit... if this is faulty it does not show up on a diagnostic check... this has been confirmed by VW...

We replaced all the usual suspects.... (as indicated by the diagnostic machine) Air flow meter, Lambda Sensor, Coil Pack, Spark Plugs... but still the car was running poorly, very lumpy and misfiring.. finally took a chance on it being the ignition control unit (pricey at £230.00) and the cars is now running like a dream again.....

Charlotte

cos-ram
17-12-2005, 06:48 PM
hi, just bought a vw golf v5, and seem to be having similar problems, when i set off some times it feels dead, or sometime judders like mad, volkswagen said they had plugged it in and recorded no known faults, who diagnosed your car? or who fixed it?,

jgw1
13-01-2006, 12:05 AM
hi i also have recently bought a v5 golf 2004 with only 8000km and am experiancing similar problems, i took it back to the dealer along with some printouts from the forum to show i am not the only one and guess what - they found nothing when they plugged it in. they are however going to take the matter up with EMD to see how they stand regarding finding and fixing the problem. Another problem i have had is regarding the rear brake calipers, the brakes squeek like mad when reversing. the dealers said this is due to the car being sat for 3 months before i bought it and they cleaned the pads, disks and calipers up. i got it back yesterday so am awaiting to see if the problem has gone. i dont want the same experiance as i had with my mk2 gti where i had to replace the calipers too often. if any one can help re these problems please let me know. cheers

apple005
06-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi

I've just bought a V5 with 108,000 miles- and especially when the engine is cold, it stalls after a couple of traffic lights. :zx11: Before it stalls, the driving wheel will get stiff and then the battery lights will go on. Do you think this is the same problem? :1zhelp:

Thanks.