PDA

View Full Version : New vs Old - B5 vs B6 - Advice Required

adamski69
27-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I am in the market for a new passat and was wondering whether it is worth sticking to the B5 passat (just found a nice 130 highline in great nick and low mileage) or going with the new model. I have a budget of up to about 8.5K. What would you guys advise? I have heard a couple of things about the relibility of the newer passats, are the older ones that much more reliable.

adamss24
27-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I would get a b6/b7 audi with the 1.9 tdi engine if you want a newer car or stick with the old shape passat/skoda superb. The new passat is just an inflated golf wich is too heavy for the chassys and does not handle that well like the a4/a6/b5 passat ones with multi-link suspension. Your budget should buy a verry nice quattro sport model fully loaded...and still have some change or get a final edition a6 estate if you want more leg room than the a4 provides just like BigCol bought ! You wont regret-it !

martin1810
27-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Try the b6 push key start and electronic handbrake. My wife won't drive the car because of these. Not sure that's a bad thing.

adamski69
27-02-2009, 04:27 PM
The idea of an Audi really appeals. Can I ask a really dumb question - what is a b6/b7 audi? Apologies.