PDA

View Full Version : Question Alarm reprogramming.

stormbringer
27-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi, I just got a 2000 B5 Passat 1.9TDI, and after sorting out the water ingress to the control module, and repairing the damaged wiring, everything is now fine!

However I also borrowed a VAG-COM lead and software, and tried to reprogram some of the features on the control module, so the alarm chirps on locking and unlocking, and the central locking locks at 10MPH and unlocks when the key is removed.

I tried using VAG-COM, and set the "Soft coding", which is currently 04096. I tried setting it to 5152 in the 07 Recode menu. However, I get a error from the software that it's not accepting it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

martin1810
27-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Some of these "enhancements" are not available on early models. You may be trying to set a code that is not available on your car. Try looking on the ross-tech site.

PeteK
27-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi, I just got a 2000 B5 Passat 1.9TDI, and after sorting out the water ingress to the control module, and repairing the damaged wiring, everything is now fine!

However I also borrowed a VAG-COM lead and software, and tried to reprogram some of the features on the control module, so the alarm chirps on locking and unlocking, and the central locking locks at 10MPH and unlocks when the key is removed.

I tried using VAG-COM, and set the "Soft coding", which is currently 04096. I tried setting it to 5152 in the 07 Recode menu. However, I get a error from the software that it's not accepting it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rather than go into the 07 Recode menu, try selecting 10 Adaptation and refer to the following channels:

Channel 03 Auto Lock
Channel 04 Auto Unlock
Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
Channel 08 Unlock, turn signals flash

A value of 0 in the channel means it is disabled, 1 switches it on. Look at each channel and the values currently set, I tried this on my B5.5 Passat last weekend to enable auto lock and unlock and it worked fine. I used the 07 Recode menu to disable selective locking on my car; the software value was originally 00258, I changed this to 00259 and now all the doors unlock when the unlock button on the remote is pressed once.

Hope this helps,

Pete