PDA

View Full Version : intermittent dashboard instrument failure

msgoldilocks
26-02-2009, 09:44 PM
help needed please? speedo/odometer/petrol gauge goes on strike intermittently. need to know how hard to fix as amateur or do i need mechanic? thanks if you can help.:confused:

greg123
13-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Pull fuse no.15 and leave it out next time the fault happens. If that brings the dash back, pm me or post back and I'll explain the fix/concequences.

help needed please? speedo/odometer/petrol gauge goes on strike intermittently. need to know how hard to fix as amateur or do i need mechanic? thanks if you can help.:confused:

lovemusic
07-07-2009, 07:36 AM
hiya. i've just had same thing re intermittent dashboard failure. garage "reset parameters" yesterday but car did it again briefly then worked again. not tried the fuse thing yet - do you mean leave use out completely and drive around without it? and what could be consequences be. wondered if it could also be a loose connection in engine bay following some other work there recently re abs and engine management thanks for help:confused:

TrailblazerXP
10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi Greg.

Pulling out fuse 15 works, but I would be grateful if you could post details please of the fix for this, (apart from replacing the cluster and getting it reprogrammed for the ecu/immobilizer....).

nosnibord
23-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Hi Greg (or anyone else with a solution)

I came across a thread you posted on back in 2009 about intermittent cluster failure in a VW MK4 Golf/Bora. I'm experiencing this issue (rev, speedo, temp, fuel gauge freeze or fail sometimes and other times work perfectly).

Before I send off the cluster to attempt a rebuild, I'd like to find out if there's anything else I can try. I think you mentioned pulling out fuse 15 as a test, but that's as far as the discussion went.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Pull fuse no.15 and leave it out next time the fault happens. If that brings the dash back, pm me or post back and I'll explain the fix/concequences.