PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Tdi S line B7... recommendations on modifications

Sirwacko
26-02-2009, 08:19 AM
I got my car back in december 2008, ive been in talks with a few people regarding chips/remapping etc. has anyone had their car done already and were there significant gains?
Also ive heard about "live mapping" has anyone had this done?
Thanks

toff
27-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Hi,

I had my 3.0 TDI remapped by Motech in Northants back in December. I'm very pleased with it so far and it appears to have very little effect on economy (providing I drive sensibly the majority of the time).

If you are near Manchester, you should perhaps consider talking to Awesome GTI (in Irlam) about an APR remap.

When you say "Live Mapping", I presume you mean a rolling-road remap.

Most remaps are just a copy of a modified fuel map that has been taken from a car with the same engine code as yours (tuners produce this modified fuel map by placing their test car on a rolling road and experimenting until they get the gains they desire). Providing you have no other modifications, this should be fine for most people.

It is true that two engines of the same specification, made on the same production line on the same day may produce different amounts of power! For this reason, a rolling-road remap is good because it's tailored to the induvidual characteristics of your car.

To be honest, If I had an RS4, I would definately get a rolling-road remap.. but for a 2.0 TDI with no mods... go for a standard remap from a reputable tuning company.

Regards
Al.

DafC
01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I ve got a 2.0 Tdi 140 S-line as well. Had it remapped with Bluefin 'bout 3 months ago. I drive twisty hilly A roads in Mid Wales. The extra ooomph for overtaking is really usefull (particularly in 4th). Big difference in the car. Drives really well and still get 670 - 710 miles to a full tank. Would heartilly recommend it. The Bluefin was easy to download and set up. Usefull for me in rural area with not many garages to hand.

bhprs
01-03-2009, 09:35 PM
hi there dafc

im thinking of a bluefin on my 140 sline avant ,how good is it really .when does the extra ooompphh come in etc , all info greatly welcome

cheers

DafC
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Go to bluefin website it gives a power curve. It is better kept around 1800 rpm and above for instantaneous response and you can drive quickly if you keep revs up. However I find that I can use 3rd gear even at very low speeds and it will pick up quickly allowing for safe overtaking. Overtaking in 4th from 45mph above is excellent and you can fly past slower cars. Just what's needed on the A roads I drive on. Fuel economy can be good also 'cos you can use higher gearing for pootling about. Much better car with Bluefin than without, IMHO.

motechmike
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Just so you know were still running the offer fo £280 all in... Most of your work is for main dealers like Vw and Audi.. so if your is a stock car (no ad on bits) our map would be perfect for you.. We have a guy comming down from ur way this thursday ...

Thanks Mike