PDA

View Full Version : Audi Sat Nav - Retro Fit 2002 A4

MattyA4
25-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Good afternoon all.

Im here to pick all your brains and put some answered questions to bed!

Im looking to retro fit a double din Genuine Audi Navigation System in to my A4 TDi. So far, Ive worked out I need a double din facia and heating controls (so they sit lower in the dash setup) and a unit of course. I currently have a Ipod lead running through the CD changer port of my single din stereo would this work on the navigation unit?. If not, where do I get a compatible one? and secondly, would a Parrot CK3000 handsfree work through it? or do I need something different? Anyone know any helpful website links? or first hand experience? Thanks in advance!

bez101
26-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Good afternoon all.

Im here to pick all your brains and put some answered questions to bed!

Im looking to retro fit a double din Genuine Audi Navigation System in to my A4 TDi. So far, Ive worked out I need a double din facia and heating controls (so they sit lower in the dash setup) and a unit of course. I currently have a Ipod lead running through the CD changer port of my single din stereo would this work on the navigation unit?. If not, where do I get a compatible one? and secondly, would a Parrot CK3000 handsfree work through it? or do I need something different? Anyone know any helpful website links? or first hand experience? Thanks in advance!
u can cut the heater controls down very easy loads on the net bout it
ipod will work as the cd changer lead fits the RNS-E a parrot will work you may or may not have to get a mute and speaker lead to get it through front speakers

bez101
26-02-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/Installing%20Sat%20Nav%20in%20A4.pdf

looks hard but its very easy you also need to cut a bit of the center consol
and have it coded with vag plug an play leads usaly come with the unit around 40 quid if not theres a good guy in leeds he comes to you uses 100% legal recon units from audi with newest disc etc
if u want his number pm me

MattyA4
26-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks Bez

Time for an update!, I have bought an aftermarket double din system! same spec with the phone and sat nav etc - would the principles above still apply?

Thanks again for your help!

bez101
26-02-2009, 10:12 PM
yeah dont know bout the pod lead tho u may need a diff one to fit a non oem system

MattyA4
27-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Cool, thanks again Bez!

I will update you after the weekend!