PDA

View Full Version : Saw my First Mk VI on the Road Today.

WeegieBob
24-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Outside the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow - a black, 58 plate, 3-door TSi with a young mum driving.

It was directly behind an earlier model Golf and it was the headlamp shape that caught my eye, they really stand out. Stood at the lights like some pre-pubescent school-boy number plate spotter waiting for it to drive by - looks good too.

So, unless this young lady takes her child to work at the VW dealer showroom it looks like perhaps the first cars are on the road.

WeegieBob. ;)

lchrisl
24-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I also saw the same car in great western road 3 days ago she drove by too fast to get a good look at it.

onzarob
24-02-2009, 11:43 PM
I also saw the same car in great western road 3 days ago she drove by too fast to get a good look at it.

Terribly in considerate :(

I saw a MK6 today and a 'rocco nice:D

lchrisl
24-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Terribly in considerate :(

I saw a MK6 today and a 'rocco nice:D

She should have stopped and gave me a test drive

onzarob
25-02-2009, 12:14 AM
She should have stopped and gave me a test drive

I do agree.....;)

My niebour drove both the rocco and the golf 6 and said the golf is better due to being able to see out the rear view mirror, But i would say that the 'rocco look the biz on the road...almost space aged:D

Eshrules
25-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I want to make love to a rocco, it's about the closest I'll ever get to one!

lchrisl
25-02-2009, 12:18 AM
[quote=onzarob;319408]I do agree.....;)

My niebour drove both the rocco and the golf 6 and said the golf is better due to being able to see out the rear view mirror, But i would say that the 'rocco look the biz on the road...almost space aged:D[/quote

I wouldnt mind a scirocco but i prefer the golfs interior and white dials

VictorPapa
25-02-2009, 08:47 PM
[quote=onzarob;319408]
I wouldnt mind a scirocco but i prefer the golfs interior and white dials

I test drove a Scirocco before ordering the Golf....just to make sure. I found it noticeably less comfortable than the Golf and the cabin feels pretty enclosed. I also felt that the dash centre was more like the Mk5 Golf and the cockpit was one reasons I didn't buy a Mk5 four years ago. After all, I spend a lot of time inside the car so it has to be right.