PDA

View Full Version : S4 Xenons

lucas88
24-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Just a quick one,

I've got a set of S4/A4 Xenons from a 2004 saloon fitted at the moment but I'm gonna go back to my original projectors I think so I wondered whether the Xenons are worth selling and if so how much do they fetch?

Cheers guys.

Lucas

borabeast
25-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Just a quick one,

I've got a set of S4/A4 Xenons from a 2004 saloon fitted at the moment but I'm gonna go back to my original projectors I think so I wondered whether the Xenons are worth selling and if so how much do they fetch?

Hi mate,

loads of people go from projectors to xenons, can I ask why you're swapping back? They are meant to be a great improvement on the halogens aren't they?

You had problems?

lucas88
25-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Na, no problems to note, I just prefer the look of the original projectors because they have a chrome inside, wheras the Xenons have a black inside. Ideally I'd like some Xenons with the chrome but I've got a couple things I'd rather spend money on at the moment for example getting this carbon fibre spoiler made and having new suspension etc fitted.

geffg
25-02-2009, 07:11 PM
do they come with the lamps and ballasts etc?

lucas88
26-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Yea comes with the original ballasts and D1S bulbs.

bez101
26-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Just a quick one,

Cheers guys.

Lucas
with balast and bulb you should pull around 120 180 from fleabay pity there not cab and you can get the xeons with chrome i have them on my avant id do ya a swap but the my vants silver so match the body

lucas88
27-02-2009, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE]with balast and bulb you should pull around 120 180 from fleabay pity there not cab and you can get the xeons with chrome i have them on my avant id do ya a swap but the my vants silver so match the body[/QUOTE

Ahh well if it's only gonna be a couple hundred I think I'll just hold on to them or just stick them on with a reserve. Maybe do a DIY job on the inner casing although I've been reading a guide and it seems to be a rather lengthy process. hmm. decisions....

bez101
27-02-2009, 10:08 AM
stick them on with a reserve but i wouldnt go the DIY route iv seen ppl do that b4 and well they look crap takes hours to split them and reseal etc

lucas88
28-02-2009, 12:59 AM
stick them on with a reserve but i wouldnt go the DIY route iv seen ppl do that b4 and well they look crap takes hours to split them and reseal etc

Yea it looks like a serious job and I'm unfortunately one of these people with a slight lack of patience so perhaps I'd be best leaving them alone.