PDA

View Full Version : Inchcape Vehicle Protection

Elmer the cat
24-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Hello, new member here. I'm thinking about buying a VW for the first time. The dealership has suggested Inchcape Vehicle Protection Programme to protect the interior and exterior of the car.

Has anyone any experience of this? It feels a bit like going into a shoe shop and coming away with your new shoes and a tin of something for the shoes that you will never use and sits in the back of the cupboard next to Breville sandwich maker and the extended warranty for your microwave.

I've been quoted £300 to do inside and out. It's a Passat Estate with leather seats.

Eshrules
24-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Personally, I'd buy £300 of detailing gear and put it to much better use.

These dealer-issued protection programs have a ridiculous markup, much like the Magnashield, scotchguard etc.

as a rough idea, £300 would get you a decent mitt, bucket, shampoo, polish, sealant, wax, wheel cleaner, wheel wax, window cleaner, microfibre cloths, interior protectant/cleaner.... the list goes on.

Save your money IMHO and get the proper stuff ;)

stuart
25-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I have aslo heard that the first time you wash the car the wrong way, or you use the wrong wax, it's gone!

MKV_BEN
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Personally, I'd buy £300 of detailing gear and put it to much better use.

These dealer-issued protection programs have a ridiculous markup, much like the Magnashield, scotchguard etc.

as a rough idea, £300 would get you a decent mitt, bucket, shampoo, polish, sealant, wax, wheel cleaner, wheel wax, window cleaner, microfibre cloths, interior protectant/cleaner.... the list goes on.

Save your money IMHO and get the proper stuff ;)

I agree completely with this spend £50 or so on getting your own wax and spend the rest on a re map:D

For the wax give collinite a go as its easy to use, gives a nice finish and will probably last longer than the dealer protection.

elitedetailer
11-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Hello, new member here. I'm thinking about buying a VW for the first time. The dealership has suggested Inchcape Vehicle Protection Programme to protect the interior and exterior of the car.

Has anyone any experience of this? It feels a bit like going into a shoe shop and coming away with your new shoes and a tin of something for the shoes that you will never use and sits in the back of the cupboard next to Breville sandwich maker and the extended warranty for your microwave.

I've been quoted £300 to do inside and out. It's a Passat Estate with leather seats.

Hi Elmer

I wouldn't recommend the service you have been offered. You are better of spending less than half that for a much higher quality and more comprehensive kit and then applying it yourself.

If you would like some tips on what to buy, please ask.

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

zf44
10-04-2009, 09:48 AM
A very late reply to this thread..... I had this product applied to my earlier Mondeos but the problem with the exterior product is if you have an accident, which happened to me, the entire product needs to be reapplied at your own cost: the insurance company paid for the repair but refused to pay for the reapplication. Also, if you have a scratch on any of the panels and try to polish the scratch out you take off the seal and even removing tar spots causes problems.

I have done alot of business with Inchcape dealerships and each time I change my car they always try to 'force' me to buy this product which I refuse now. Talking to one of their ex salesman he explained this product only costs the dealership £50, a mark up of £250!!!!

After owning cars for the last twenty years what I have now learnt is never use an automatic car wash or jet wash, always hand wash regularly. I have the time to wash our cars every week which keeps everything, including the alloys, spotless.:D

HBA4345
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Just echoing what everyone else has said, use the money to buy decent products that will last you a lot longer or get a pro-detailer to do the car once you have it, they'll do a much better job.

I was offered a similar product on the purchase of my car, after refusing it they tried twice more to convince me to get it, a bit too pushy but understandable when you look at the mark up, money for nothing as they say.