PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a Mk6 TDi140 Sport - What options?

james_tiger_woo
24-02-2009, 12:01 PM
As in the title, I'm thinking about getting a MK6 140tdi Sport as a company car (to replace the Passat) - however, I want to spec it right, so any advice as to what is a must - and what colour - I'm leaning towards white just because I like white cars.

Incidentally, do these have proper iPod controls/input as standard?

And what's the ride like on it - I'm considering 18inch wheels too.

So far, I've decided I want DAB, Bluetooth and possibly the 2Zone climate control.

Do these come with sports seats as standard too?

VictorPapa
25-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Not certain about the iPod input as I was told that if I had DAB then that wasn't possible. I've gone for leather as I intend to keep the car at least 10 years and the alcantara may go shiny after a few years use. I've gone for the 18" Vancouvers as I saw them on one in the showroom and they look the DB's. Also gone for 2Zone, the RCD510 with DAB, luxury and winter packs.

Can't wait til May.:D

WeegieBob
25-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Convenience Pack is good value at £83 (or it was until I read the other thread this evening about price rises).

WeegieBob. ;)

james_tiger_woo
26-02-2009, 09:16 AM
What's in the convenience pack BTW?

And I'm after DAB and iPod, but I'd rather have iPod connectivity really. I'm toying with the idea of leather as my current car has it, but it's an expensive option... Not sure I'm bothered about a stereo upgrade as VW standard stereos tend to be ok for the most part (where you've got front and rear speakers that is).

VictorPapa
26-02-2009, 04:32 PM
What's in the convenience pack BTW?

From VW price list, the Convenience pack has:

Automatic dimming rear view mirror,
Automatic headlights on with coming/leaving home lights,
Front footwell illumination,
Rain sensor

I hope the rain sensor works better than the Mazda version on my 3 Sport cos between - and + there seems to be no difference. Great in heavy rain though as the wipers go faster than normal and as soon as the rain eases, they slow down. It's the intermittant bit that doesn't work properly on the Mazda but I'm hoping German engineering will excel.

james_tiger_woo
26-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd take the ****, but I had a rainsensor on my Bora, swore blind I'd never use it, but loved it...

It's tempting though as I like the idea of the auto mirror and auto lights.

WeegieBob
26-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Go on - go on - go on - go on - go on! - its only £83 (+ increase).

That's probably less than you'd pay for a family ticket to watch a game of football or rugby, it'll last more than one afternoon and you won't be left feeling gutted if your team lost.

WeegieBob. ;)

JoseSpring
26-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Convenience Pack is good value at £83 (or it was until I read the other thread this evening about price rises).

Unless I'm mistaken, the Convenience Pack has jumped in price to £85...

lesvw123
01-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I Took Delivery Of A Mk6 Gt Tdi 140bhp On 27th Jan , The Options I Had Where Silver Paint ,convenience Pak And 18 Vancouver Alloys .

The Ipod Connection Is By Jack Plug And Usb Connection My Iphone Does Not Work On The Usb Conn.
I Have A Usb Stick With Albums On ,the Radio Seperates The Albums By Name On The Display And By Song ,title Very Impressive
I Have Upgraded To 19" R32 Replicas As The Fill The Arches Out A Lot Better Than The 18".
The Seats Are Sports As Standard Much Better Than The Mk5.
The Car Is A Lot Quieter And Smoother Than My Mk5 gt Sport, You Will Be Impressed When You Take Delivery
Regards Les

james_tiger_woo
02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm having a 3 day test drive next week that I'm looking forward to and it'll fall in line with some holiday that I have so I can give the car a good test run at least - I need to know how it'll handle on Lincolnshire country roads as I had an FR Leon on 17s that was apalling on country roads as the ride was so hard.

Here's hoping :)

james_tiger_woo
09-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I've just driven the 140tdi and I like it - it had 18s on it (I won't be getting those) and a convenience pack - it was in silver, but I think I'll be getting it in white.

Question is - I plugged my iPod in to the USB port and got "unrecognised device" on the stereo - is it me?

lesvw123
09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
i've Just Driven The 140tdi And I Like It - It Had 18s On It (i Won't Be Getting Those) And A Convenience Pack - It Was In Silver, But I Think I'll Be Getting It In White.

Question Is - I Plugged My Ipod In To The Usb Port And Got "unrecognised Device" On The Stereo - Is It Me?
My Iphone Will Only Work On The Jack Plug Connection ,the Best Way Is I Have A 4gb Pen Drive With My Music On Plugged In To The Usb Port Works No Problem Just Like An Ipod ,as For The Wheels Your Right In Not Getting Them Get Some After Market Ones There Much Wider And Look Better,look In My Pics
Regards Les.

nokiauk
14-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Seems your dealer hasn't given you the right parts.

In the armrest is the MFD connection which comes from factory with a USB cable, this does not work with iPods giving the unrecognized device error.

Your dealers part department should have also supplied an additional cable for your ipod which replaces the USB one. These are ordered here in the UK separate from your car but should be provided at handover.

I'd go back to your dealer pronto.