PDA

View Full Version : interior lights

gibo.drum
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
hi all
Two weeks ago i bought an 02 Passatt TDI SE and have discovered that although the interior lights work they do not come on when the doors are opened. The garage says that these lights are controlled by the ECU and would cost around £800 to put right! and are refusing to do the job I'm pretty sure i read in a previous thread that it is the ccm in the footwell that could be the cause of the trouble is this true? Any help would be apprieciated. Cheers Gibo

woogie4000
14-02-2008, 11:28 PM
hi im having similar probs with my 99 passat re interior lights issues.theres a problem with the ECU being soaked when water leaks in via pollen filter.Maybe try another ECU from breakers but ive seen wire corrosion mentioned in Passat archive posts so maybe you need to explore these avenues first but goo luck anywho!

gibo.drum
18-02-2008, 09:43 PM
hi thanks for the reply i had my ECU and wiring replaced when i bought the car as i was having int light problems it turned out that my pollen filter housing was warped! And letting in water. It seems my problem was a dodgy connection with the rear light had a fiddle seems fine. Cheers