PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt intervals

buster
11-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Hello Audi fans

I am currently trading my LPG 2.4 A6 quattro for a 2.7T of the same ilk.

Does anyone know what the timing belt interval is on the 2.7T.

The 2.4 is 80,000, but I am sure I have read somewhere that the 2.7T is 60,000. I have lost my owners handbook, which is a shame because it is in there.

Also, I have been assured by the garage that this is a 250bhp version but can only confirm that it is a 184Kw. Is this the 250 or the 230?

Any help greatly appreciated

Niall76
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi buster. I have the 2.8 quattro and I know my handbook says 80k between belts.

BUT...I noticed one day a small silver sticker on the underside of the bonnet. Hadn't noticed it before due to it's size and where it is. Now here's the thing, I read it and it says 'timing belt change - 75k'

Now the user manual clearly states 80k, but I'll be going with the little sticker. I can't afford the repair bill if it all goes pop!

I can have a look in my handbook to see what your's should be but I suspect that there will be that little sticker there on your's also - have a look.

buster
12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi buster. I have the 2.8 quattro and I know my handbook says 80k between belts.

BUT...I noticed one day a small silver sticker on the underside of the bonnet. Hadn't noticed it before due to it's size and where it is. Now here's the thing, I read it and it says 'timing belt change - 75k'

Now the user manual clearly states 80k, but I'll be going with the little sticker. I can't afford the repair bill if it all goes pop!

I can have a look in my handbook to see what your's should be but I suspect that there will be that little sticker there on your's also - have a look.

Thanks Niall76

I don't have the 2.7 yet and need to know whether the belt should have been changed already, or I can have a word or two with the dealer.

My 2.4 A6 and my 2.8 A4 (Sold that) both are 80,000, but I thought the 2.7T was 60,000. The service book says which is which, but I don't have it.

Niall76
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I'll have a look tonight and post it up for you.

Niall76
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Buster,

I checked my book and unfortunately it lists all engines except the turbo!

Sorry.

One thing to note though, it states that all the V6 and V8 engines should be changed at 80k. But as I said before, that little sticker says otherwise.

buster
12-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Buster,

I checked my book and unfortunately it lists all engines except the turbo!

Sorry.

One thing to note though, it states that all the V6 and V8 engines should be changed at 80k. But as I said before, that little sticker says otherwise.

Thanks for that

I will have a look for the sticker when I get it.

If I can prise myself out of the drivng seat for long enough :biglaugh: