PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Problems

Tazdevil1977
23-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi there,

Just brought a 05 Audi A4 2.0L TDI SE and have fitted my own after market stereo. I am looking at the blue tooth function of the car and can pair up my phone and car, also dial out no problem but have no audio at all ? Is it somehow linked to the original stereo ? Everything seams to be working apart from being able to hear any audio using the blue tooth function. Anyone else come across this before ? Also there is a a telephone system installed into the armrest but it just looks like the main unit for power ect and there is no where to put a mobile phone into. Is there an adapter for a mobile that attaches to this kit ? Do they make them for Sony phones ?

Regards,

Matt

Issac Hunt
24-02-2009, 02:06 AM
You can get a cradle to fit some models of mobile phone, this will fit in the armrest.

The Audi BT system isnt designed to work with non-Audi stereo's. Thats why you have no sound from it.

Tazdevil1977
24-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks for that, do you know of an adapter kit that you could use to utilise an after market stereo with the Audi bluetooth system ? I have a telephone mute cable on my Kenwood so only need to tap into the speaker system ?

Regards,

Matt

Issac Hunt
24-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not saying one doesnt exist but I have never heard of one, nor anyone managing to get Audi BT to work with aftermarket stereo's. I think this is because the Audi stereo, car and BT kit communicate over the CAN network, aftermarket stereo deosnt use the CAN protocol for communications hence no sound from it.

Tazdevil1977
24-02-2009, 01:57 PM
OK mate, thanks for the info. Looks like I will be getting a parrot type system instead. Thanks again.

Matt