PDA

View Full Version : Question re-map

Macdoon
23-02-2009, 07:12 PM
A4 B6 130 bhp multitronic s-line 54 plate with 37000 on the clock.

Hi all

I am considering a re-map (stage 2) carried out at my local Seat dealership, has anyone had it done or have any views as to whether or not i should bother.

All comments constuctive or otherwise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mac

motechmike
24-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Why a STG 2 re-map ?

Has the car got any bolt on parts etc ??

Mike

Marc1
24-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Sorry to post such a stupid question, but can you tell me the difference between STG1 and STG2? ##Ducks for cover##

motechmike
24-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Most STG2 car's run with bolt on parts de-cats FMIC etc etc..

So nut sure what there selling..

Marc1
24-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Cheers mate, so it's always a custom map then to allow for additional performance mods? I thought that was the case at least.

motechmike
24-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes mate

A STG1 is for stock car's and STG2 is for bolt on.. As for custom most maps are not.. Are's are we take your file and add the tuning to it.. Some match up the ECU code and flash a file in.. Our's keeps all the softear and hard wear numbers etc..

More info on our site..

MIke

Marc1
24-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Cheers Mike.

Macdoon
25-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Why a STG 2 re-map ?

Has the car got any bolt on parts etc ??

Mike hi and thanx for the reply, firstly im no tech, i was chatting to a sales person, who told me that they carry out tuning and remaps at their seat dealership, he thought a stg 2 remap of my car would boost the bhp to approx 180.

I dont the difference in stg's, but looking to find out the best way to go about it all.

danclyon
25-02-2009, 09:35 PM
hi and thanx for the reply, firstly im no tech, i was chatting to a sales person, who told me that they carry out tuning and remaps at their seat dealership, he thought a stg 2 remap of my car would boost the bhp to approx 180.

I dont the difference in stg's, but looking to find out the best way to go about it all.

I'd be interested to see what others reply. I'd like to get a remap on mine, but I reaaaaaaly fear for the multichronic's longeivity if I do so - so it will have to wait until the warranty on the new m/tronic box on mine is out anyway and that assumes it doesn't break before that happens :-)

I don't need 180 - 150-160 would be fine - I found the 2.5V6 diesel we drove before we bought the 1.9 a bit too heavy on the power delivery and rather like the way the 1.9 and the multitronic work together - but again, I still worry about the gearbox....

Cheers,
Dan.

Macdoon
25-02-2009, 09:55 PM
thanks Dan

I guess by what your saying the multi gear box may not be that reliable
As with you i like the way the multi box runs with the 1.9 engine, but 150-150 bhp and a bit more torque would i think be just that wee bit better to my driving style.
So hopefully i'll get more input and knowlegde from the tech guys so i can make my decision

Mac

danclyon
26-02-2009, 09:49 AM
thanks Dan

I guess by what your saying the multi gear box may not be that reliable
As with you i like the way the multi box runs with the 1.9 engine, but 150-150 bhp and a bit more torque would i think be just that wee bit better to my driving style.
So hopefully i'll get more input and knowlegde from the tech guys so i can make my decision

Mac

I guess I have lots of questions basically. Is the box in the 1.9 the exact same as in the 2.5V6 - if so, then technically it can take the 163bhp the 2.5V6 tdi puts out, and assuming the torque curve is no greater than that of the 2.5 then you should be safe right....

Any of the remap/tuning co's lurking around want to pass comment? Or perhaps Crasher will know more about the intricacies of the box and whether they are the same or not....

Cheers,
Dan.

Marco34
26-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I had my 130 remapped back in November. SO far so good. I'm very happy with performance gains. I'm driving sensibly and never use full throttle in 1st or 2nd. I think driving style plays a big part on clutch longevity. I had a generic map by more-bhp. Increase to 165bhp and 380Nm torque. Fuel is mixed. Sometimes it's better on mpg other it's worse. The power delivery is nice and progressive, no surge.

I recommend it!!! :beerchug: