PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Speakers

Zeb
23-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Hello,
I wanted some advice/info on these speakers, i have blown my driver side speaker and wanted some suggestions whether i should go for these ones or not? Looking for some base speakers...

http://www.infinityspeaker.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=KAPPA60.9CS&cat=KAP&ser=KAP&Language=ENG&Country=GB&Region=EUROPE

bez101
23-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Hello,
I wanted some advice/info on these speakers, i have blown my driver side speaker and wanted some suggestions whether i should go for these ones or not? Looking for some base speakers...

http://www.infinityspeaker.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=KAPPA60.9CS&cat=KAP&ser=KAP&Language=ENG&Country=GB&Region=EUROPE
you will need an amp to run them

Zeb
24-02-2009, 05:40 PM

I do have the amp but i cant be bothered to do it, as it will be a P**S take to wire them up. Is there a way where i can get speakers that will not need an amp?

danclyon
25-02-2009, 01:08 AM

You will? Why?

"The impedance of Kappa Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit."

Cheers,
Dan.

Zeb
25-02-2009, 04:15 PM
You will? Why?

"The impedance of Kappa Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit."

Cheers,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

Sorry, do you mean they will work without the amp, i currently have pioneer P6950 on my Audi.

TullyAGS
25-02-2009, 04:31 PM
They will run fine off a head unit but they could handle alot more than what your head unit can put out. Basically your paying a decent wedge of cash for something you cant use the full potential of.

Still infinity speakers are very good. I would just go for a more basic component set though

Zeb
25-02-2009, 05:07 PM
They will run fine off a head unit but they could handle alot more than what your head unit can put out. Basically your paying a decent wedge of cash for something you cant use the full potential of.

Still infinity speakers are very good. I would just go for a more basic component set though

Hi,

You are right about it, but there are sooo many speakers to choose from so thats why i decided to go for these ones (Infinity).

Have you installed any decent speakers in your car in the past?
And which ones?

TullyAGS
25-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Ive had loads of systems in the past. Starting off with just a head unit and speakers to fully amped speakers and sub/s, dvd, ps2 etc

As a preference I have always used pioneer head units with either pioneer or infinity speakers and vibe subs. Always used pioneer or vibe amps as well.

I think pioneer offer the best value for money and are good all rounders but infinity give a crisper sound. You do pay a bit extra though.

Cheers
Matt

lucas88
25-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Find a place that's breaking a B6 A4 and get the speakers out of them. Or even better, try and find one that had the Bose upgraded sound system and pull them out.

danclyon
25-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Ive had loads of systems in the past. Starting off with just a head unit and speakers to fully amped speakers and sub/s, dvd, ps2 etc

As a preference I have always used pioneer head units with either pioneer or infinity speakers and vibe subs. Always used pioneer or vibe amps as well.

I think pioneer offer the best value for money and are good all rounders but infinity give a crisper sound. You do pay a bit extra though.

Cheers
Matt

I think the best value for money are the ones already fitted in the car at the factory :-) That's what I have.....B6 A4 with the standard non-Bose single CD and boot mounted amp/sub stereo. Can't fault it really!

Cheers,
Dan.

jacktheraver
25-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I think the best value for money are the ones already fitted in the car at the factory :-) That's what I have.....B6 A4 with the standard non-Bose single CD and boot mounted amp/sub stereo. Can't fault it really!

Cheers,
Dan.

Agreed, have same standard set up in my A4 and with the fader sent slightly to the rear I think as a whole it sounds more than decent enough, Ive come out the other side of doing big ICE installs in cars, all I ended up with was ringing ears and empty pockets due to the systems getting nicked :aargh4:

TullyAGS
25-02-2009, 08:27 PM

Cheers,
Dan.

Agreed! the standards i had in my old b5 were really good (bose in my b6).

But if Zeb has already changed the head unit and has an amp in there then he might as well go for something a bit better I think...

Cheers
Matt

Zeb
26-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Agreed! the standards i had in my old b5 were really good (bose in my b6).

But if Zeb has already changed the head unit and has an amp in there then he might as well go for something a bit better I think...

Cheers
Matt

The amp is the Pioneer one which is advertised on here.
I was looking for the factory fitted ones, but no luck in finding/searching them.
So im going to go for the Infinity ones instead.

Zeb
26-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Ive searched online to see how much they for sale.
which is £122.50 from car audio direct.