PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 2.0 8v Engine Cutting

Kev.trebuan
11-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Can anyone help? I have a 1996 A6 2.0 8v that has an ignition cut-out problem when pulling from lights, onto roundabouts, or hill starts. It idles normally, and revs freely until I want to pull away. At the clutch bite, the ignition cuts causing the car to violently kangeroo hop down the road.

The only solution is to apply a very gentle throttle, slip the clutch to a gentle bite, then at approx 2000rpm, I can drive normally. Steep hill starts are impossible as the engine stalls completely.

It's not fuel as I have a gas conversion, and the problem occurs both on petrol and lpg. The plugs, leads, distributer and coil are all quite new.:aargh4:

I have replaced the relay the relay part no 165906381 as a response to other forums where people with MK3 Golf GTis have had an engine cutting problem and replacing this relay sorted it. But it made no difference in my case.

Kev.trebuan
11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I have sice removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it as others on this forum have recomended cleaning the MAF as a cure for driving problems. I cleaned it with white spirit, hope that's ok, and a lot of carbon deposits came off.

However, the car won't even idle now. As soon as I lift off, the revs drop to zero and the engine shudders to a halt. If I unplug the air temperature sensor from the airbox, it will idle albeit lumpily and when driving, it now has flat spots.:Screem:

Rob1uk
03-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Kev, sounds like the clutch is slipping just like my wifes passat 2.0L petrol did, keeping the revs high to pull away otherwise it would stall. Sorry mate but looks like you're gonna have to fork out.