PDA

View Full Version : Boot Locking Fault.

DaveBelcanto
22-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Here goes with my first post on this forum.
The indication on the dashboard shows the boot is open.
The boot will only open with the key, the remote fob and drivers door switch do not operate the boot opening solenoid.
I have removed the trim panel in the boot and the solenoid does not appear to be receiving 12v when the drivers door switch or fob are operated.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I have looked through previous similar postings on this excellent forum but am still "none the wiser".
Many thanks
Dave

kenney
22-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I think you have a problem with the tailgate/boot lid central locking switch,or the micro switch in the lock

picto
24-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Dave
I just had a similar problem with mine.

i twould open everytime with the key, most times with the key remote switch and never with the drivers door switch.

luckily for me its still under my 3 month warranty so i took it back to garage.

they said they have had to order a new motor for the switch (excuse my uselessness but i think he said it was a servo)
correction he called me today, it is an actuator he has ordered.

They say when they have fitted the new one it will be fine and that it is a common fault on Passats.

i will report back once its done if it works.

martin1810
25-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Here goes with my first post on this forum.
The indication on the dashboard shows the boot is open.
The boot will only open with the key, the remote fob and drivers door switch do not operate the boot opening solenoid.
I have removed the trim panel in the boot and the solenoid does not appear to be receiving 12v when the drivers door switch or fob are operated.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I have looked through previous similar postings on this excellent forum but am still "none the wiser".
Many thanks
Dave

Put 12v on the solenoid. If it activates you know that it is the wire for sure. Look where the wires run into the boot. bad connector or broken wire most likely.