PDA

View Full Version : Golf GT TDi 170 (Sport?) ?

james_tiger_woo
21-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm toying with the idea of a Company car as I've worked out that to have a Company car might be cheaper than a private car given my annual mileage (25k PA +)

One of the options is a Golf GT TDI 170 (Sport, I think) - does anyone have one and what is your opinion of it - how's it's economy, how does it compare to a 140, etc.

There's 2 trim options available to me of Leather or non leather over 3 or 4 years. Monthly cost works out to be about £380 (including deductions, etc).

I've got a Jetta as an option too, but I'm posting something like this there too...

Thanks

JTW

Ben
21-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Is boot space an issue for the stuff you have to cart around for your company?

Is a golf estate on your options list?

Can't your company simply pay for all the upkeep and running costs for your passat?

keithgtsport
22-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I get 46 mpg in cold weather and 52 mpg in the warmer weather from the 170 and that is still having some fun with the power as well. The 'W' button is brilliant in the snow and ice, Good low down power so easy to drive. Get the leather option if you can.

james_tiger_woo
22-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I get 46 mpg in cold weather and 52 mpg in the warmer weather from the 170 and that is still having some fun with the power as well. The 'W' button is brilliant in the snow and ice, Good low down power so easy to drive. Get the leather option if you can.

Thanks - that's helpful :)

Is boot space an issue for the stuff you have to cart around for your company?

Is a golf estate on your options list?

Can't your company simply pay for all the upkeep and running costs for your passat?

No

I wouldn't have one anyway as I've already got a Passat

And I get an allowance, but once I factor in the servicing, insurance, loan costs, etc - the company car works out cheaper even though I'm in the higher tax band.