PDA

View Full Version : Disabling selective unlocking Passat B5.5

PeteK
21-02-2009, 08:43 PM
On my 2004 Passat, I would like all the doors to unlock when pressing the remote rather than just the drivers door.

Using my Vag-Com 409.1, I have gone into the central conveniance module (46) and then code (option 7). My vehicle says software coding 258, workshop coding 28.

To deactivate selective unlocking, do I change the software coding value to 259? Also, do I leave the workshop coding value as it is at 28 or does this need to be changed?

I have already managed to activate the auto locking and unlocking feature by using adaptation, however I am wary about causing any damage by entering the wrong value in the software coding.

Thanks for any suggestions!

kenney
21-02-2009, 09:03 PM
You can not change the workshop coding have a look at this,and you can do no harm entering a wrong code
Coding
Central Locking (2-Power Windows):
00256 = Selective Locking
00257 = Unlocking of all doors
Central Locking (2-Power Windows and Memory Seats):
00258 = Selective Locking
00259 = Unlocking of all doors
Central Locking (4-Power Windows):
04096 = Selective Locking
04097 = Unlocking of all doors
Central Locking (4-Power Windows and Memory Seats):
04098 = Selective Locking
04099 = Unlocking of all doors

PeteK
22-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks for your reply Kenney. It does appear that I need to alter the software coding to 259, will give that a try tomorrow. That table you posted does not seem to refer to my vehicle as I have 4 electric windows but do not have the memory seat option, yet my code shows as 258.

kenney
22-02-2009, 11:17 AM
You need to read it again it states

PeteK
22-02-2009, 01:25 PM
You need to read it again it states

I appreciate what you are saying Kenney, however my point is that the table appears incorrect. I have 4 power windows and no memory seats and the software coding on my vehicle is shown as 00258 on Vag Com with selective locking enabled.

I have just plugged in the laptop and changed this value to 00259 (I left the workshop coding value at 28) and it has had the desired effect, all the doors now unlock when pressing the unlock button on the remote once.

Thanks for your input with this matter.

Pete

kenney
22-02-2009, 01:54 PM
The table is correct Pete,so i'am guessing that the comfort function for the rear electric windows does not work.

PeteK
22-02-2009, 04:39 PM
The front windows have a 'one touch' facility to send them up or down whereas the rears do not, is that what you mean by comfort function?

I've also heard of a 'comfort closing' feature on some cars whereby the windows automatically close by keeping the lock remote button depressed, however I did not think this was something that could be programmed on the B5.5 model.

kenney
22-02-2009, 06:08 PM
I've also heard of a 'comfort closing' feature on some cars whereby the windows automatically close by keeping the lock remote button depressed, however I did not think this was something that could be programmed on the B5.5 model.Yes it can,and that is the function i'am talking about,but to be honest with you,you are just as well off without it,a load of rubbish,and i could never understand,it's,real use.If you are happy with it as it is now,then just leave it.

PeteK
22-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Ah, right! I see what you are talking about now. Like you say, I will leave it as it is as I very rarely drive with the windows down anyway. However it's useful to know the feature exists, i'm surprised that it is not switched on by default.

Thanks for all your input Kenney.

katmai
20-12-2011, 03:12 PM
kenney please help!
I want my windows to roll up with the remote but i can't program my car for this. My current value in Central Conv. is 00259 and when i try to change it to 00259+64(for comfort with remote) after refreshing the value stays the same. Do i need to Login or something like this. Is it possible to program Comfort Module for this function with my 409.1 Vag-Com?