PDA

View Full Version : Polo rear footwells full of water

akaax
21-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Both the rear footwells are full of water. There are no signs of the doors leaking and running down to the footwells, anyone experienced this? It's a 97 Polo.

Cheers.

skumarav
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi mine is 98 polo 1.4 cl. i have also experienced the same problem.

Rear Foot (HeelBoard) is full of water...i dont know the reason behind..this .

can anyone got solution plz...

Cheers

Fred Flintstone
10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Check the other threads concerning the rear light cluster seals - have you changed any lamps lately?:confused:

skumarav
10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
No i haven't changed the rear lights...! But i checked with some other threads, got some clue to check the
drain passage..and drain block...

also, had got problem in central locking..could use only passenger side to unlock/lock. Driver side is only to unlock...(i.e., i cant use driver side to lock)...

any remedies...

skumarav

gbjeppm
17-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I have been fighting with this one on my son's 97 polo for a few weeks and I have finally cracked it. We had the same symptoms.

First off I cleaned the drainge ducts from the windscreen that vent behind the front mud flaps that were full of rubbish, and although it may have helped the situation it did not solve it.

So eventually I narrowed it down to the passenger door. To prove this, a hose pipe on the door and window, proved that water was coming in from behind the door card over the door seal.

Stripped the door card/panel off, and the door membrane was ripped as it had been off before. Also the window seal, although OK was not great at stopping water dripping down through the door. A new seal was £50 plus at the VAG dealer so I could not justify it.

Therefore with some plastic sheeting and gaffer tape I fabricated a new membrane underneath the existing ripped membrane. I also repaired the existing membrane with more gaffer tape.

Then I tried the hosepipe again, and all good. Make sure that the drain holes at the bottom of the door are clear to allow water to drain out.

Then to dry the car out I removed the seat, lifted the carpets, removed the felt from the rear and dried it out on the washing line.

So far so good no more leaks.

Hope this might help.:beerchug:

EDIT: Also to add that the floor was not just damp it was absolutely soaking wet, although the door card appeared absolutely dry. The drivers side was fine, as the membrane was still intact.