PDA

View Full Version : tie rod end

V6quattro
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
hello all.

got my brand new '98 A6 2.8 quattro saloon las weekend. my third audi but my first A6.

now down to business:D

anyone know how to change a tie rod end and have time to tell me?

Ian

davegilsenan
11-03-2007, 03:35 PM
pm me your email address and i'll try and email it to you!
dave

Niall76
11-03-2007, 04:09 PM
A very nice car you have chosen too. :-)

Here's an excellent link for you too.

http://www.vagcat.com/

davegilsenan
11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
because its difficult to post a 5 page pdf with pictures in here........... hope thats ok with you. and its not my knowledge- i copied it from elsawin. i'm only a new member here but seem to be the only one who offered any help so dont have a go at me.

davegilsenan
11-03-2007, 11:07 PM
i'm not being rude at all. i just said i didnt post it here because its a large pdf- thats all

Eshrules
11-03-2007, 11:21 PM
because its difficult to post a 5 page pdf with pictures in here........... hope thats ok with you. and its not my knowledge- i copied it from elsawin. i'm only a new member here but seem to be the only one who offered any help so dont have a go at me.

i'm not being rue at all. i just said i didnt post it here because its a large pdf- thats all

ok.... firstly i doubt lisa had the foresight to guess it was a 5 page PDF file. secondly, if its copyrighted material you have 'copied from elsewhere' you should not be distributing it as you have so freely offered to.

thirdly, Lisa did have a point... the idea of this forum is to share information and advice, if we all just emailed each other the info, there would never be any point to the forum, should someone else have the same problem and they do a search, find this thread...what do they do then?

manners cost so little yet give so much..... might be nice if that's kept in mind :Blush:

davegilsenan
11-03-2007, 11:34 PM
all i was trying to do was offer some help to another member. i have been a member of many motoring forums for years and have always participated fully- offering help wherever possible. in this case i was pounced upon for not posting the help when i couldn't post it- i had already tried so i offered the next best thing- i went to some extra trouble and made a pdf of the info and offered to send it on to the member who required it.
i have perfect manners- my replies were only a match for lisa's original one. once again- i was only trying to help.

davegilsenan
11-03-2007, 11:46 PM
i would have left it 8 posts ago

V6quattro
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
:argue: WHY ARE MUMMY AND DADDY FIGHTING????

Guys, thanks for all the help, i didn't realise i'd created a monster:wizard: ! I think the problem is that the intended tone is lost but the words remain- a genuine enquiry becomes a jab in the chest:buttkick: . i think there should be a minimum smilie requirement. like 100:D :p :beerchug:

just so we can all understand each other:approve: and get along :stooges: to overthrow our invisible enemy - :firedevil Professor Maindealer :1zhelp:

Ian

Sam
12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Can we all just calm down!

Dave - thanks for helping him out. Lisa asked if we could leave it, there was, in my opinion, no need for a rebuttal.

Off topic, I replied to your earlier PM, have you had time to get something sorted out, or shall I do it?

Lisa - thanks for helping the forum out by requesting the information be made public, you obviously weren't to know it was a PDF. I think you got a bit of a kick in the teeth for your efforts for which I'm sure Dave is sorry.

Carl - it's information that's freely available online. I presume Dave merely copied it (right-click, save as), turned it into a PDF (save as... pdf) to make it easier to direct Ian to his answer. Trying to explain the inner workings of vagcat (I'm sure that's where he got the information from) in a single post is hard!

Ian - I agree with all of your post except the first line, it's not needed, fuelling the fire I think it's known as, but again, it could be undetected humour ;)

As I said in another post today;

And relax.

Could we all just calm down, go for a walk, hug a friend or get our first cup of coffee before posting here.

If your opinions differ one would hope you have the eloquence to put across your own side of the discussion politely.

Now, please carry on, calmly.

stuart
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM

OK, I have now spent the first 10 mins reading posts that are not acceptable. We are all entitled to our opinions, but when Lisa asked a simple and reasonable question, she should be given a reasonable answer, not a sarcastic one!

For a start, Elsawin is only available to the dealer network, and anyone who buys copies of this are breaking copyright laws, as you may already know, so any copy of this would not be published on this site.

As I have said in one of my other posts.... lets finish this now, all be friends, and let the site be run professionally

Stuart