PDA

View Full Version : hazard light

pem1
20-02-2009, 09:03 PM
hi all my hazard light switch stays on whan the car is locked ? i have waited about 2 mins and it is still on ? is this right ???

paul b
20-02-2009, 10:19 PM
hi all my hazard light switch stays on whan the car is locked ? i have waited about 2 mins and it is still on ? is this right ???
Nope that's not right.

The hazard switches are known to fail on your generation of car, a VAG-COM scan might pick that up.

Also, have you checked your passenger footwell for water ingress? These cars (assuming its the B6 model) suffer from Plenum chamber problems. This is where water enters the footwell from underneath the battery cover, there are 2 drain holes which clog up with leaves and all sorts. All you can do is clear these holes, don't remove them otherwise you'll have engine bay fumes in the cabin.

In the footwell is the CCU (Central Convenience Module) which controls all sorts of electrical equipment; interior lighting, remote keys, alarms etc and these go up the wall when the CCU is flooded.

Paul

pem1
21-02-2009, 09:52 AM
cheers m8 for the advice please pm when you get the new cable thanks again

kite
21-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Hazard switch stays illuminated on mine......as I think it should....

Eshrules
21-02-2009, 03:34 PM
The hazard switch , if I'm correct, remains illuminated until the alarm arms. It shouldn't stay on for more than a few minutes though.

paul b
21-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Hmm... I stand corrected by the looks of things.

Mine doesn't stay on that long, it goes off at the same time as the odometer.