PDA

View Full Version : About time i introduced myself

Dr Jones
20-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Hello,
I'm currently pottering around in my classic mini but I have been tempted by the dark side!
Had fun with the mini but I've decided in a couple of months (when insurance runs out) I'm gunna go Deutsch!
Had thought about beetles, however for anything nice it's a bit out of my budget!
Because of the mini I'm after a smaller car so naturally the MK1 Golf is the obvious choice!
With so much opportunity for modification and individuality it's gotta be the one for me!
I would love to own an early Caddy, however i dont think i got the danglers for it!!
I'm currently studying to be a teacher and a Caddy is probably not the most presentable car for interviews!
I'm hoping to get around the £1500 mark for the mini when i get round to selling it and looking around this seems to be an ok budget for a pretty good MK1 Golf.
I don't want a GTi because of insurance issues so a 1.3 or 1.5 would be ideal.
I have owned a MK3 golf 1.4 in the past and it just felt so solid!
I love going to shows in the mini and i know there are a fair few VW shows on the calendar.
Would like to know opinions on my budget, am i dreaming?

Also saw a MK1 Golf with Yammy R6 carbs on it on eBay, how difficult is this conversion? always after something a bit different..and a lil more powaaahh!

Cheers
Doc

Hex69
20-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello,
I'm currently pottering around in my classic mini but I have been tempted by the dark side!
Had fun with the mini but I've decided in a couple of months (when insurance runs out) I'm gunna go Deutsch!
Had thought about beetles, however for anything nice it's a bit out of my budget!
Because of the mini I'm after a smaller car so naturally the MK1 Golf is the obvious choice!
With so much opportunity for modification and individuality it's gotta be the one for me!
I would love to own an early Caddy, however i dont think i got the danglers for it!!
I'm currently studying to be a teacher and a Caddy is probably not the most presentable car for interviews!
I'm hoping to get around the £1500 mark for the mini when i get round to selling it and looking around this seems to be an ok budget for a pretty good MK1 Golf.
I don't want a GTi because of insurance issues so a 1.3 or 1.5 would be ideal.
I have owned a MK3 golf 1.4 in the past and it just felt so solid!
I love going to shows in the mini and i know there are a fair few VW shows on the calendar.
Would like to know opinions on my budget, am i dreaming?

Also saw a MK1 Golf with Yammy R6 carbs on it on eBay, how difficult is this conversion? always after something a bit different..and a lil more powaaahh!

Cheers
Doc

Hi Doc,

Hello and welcome. Nice to see someone with taste :D

Mini Mark
20-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Doc,

Hello and welcome. Nice to see someone with taste :D

All I'll say to that is :p:p:p:p:p

Hi Doc

I have 2 classic Mini's as my 'fun' cars and a MK5 golf TDI as my everyday motor.