PDA

View Full Version : Water ingress.

Whocantellyer
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I recently, like many before me, had discovered that I had an aquarium starter kit in my passenger side rear footwell, on many occasions as posted, it may be a problem with blocked drainage holes or the pollen filter not being sealed.
My problem was neither, and it may be as well to eliminate it as a cause, as it is relatively quick and easy to do, my car has a sunroof fitted and the rear drain pipe teat managed to seal itself very effectively closed, the drain on mine is located between the rear bumper and the bodywork just behind the rear wheel arch. Locate the little darling and give it a squeeze, if it was blocked quite a bit of water will run up your arm.
The main indicator for my problem, not withstanding the wet carpets, was the fact that the seat had also got soaked, indicating an higher than bulkhead problem.
When you have tried this, open your sunroof and carefully ( not much is needed ) pour some water down the channel, you should see it come running out from the area of the drain, if it doesn't, you have just topped up the aquarium, pray that the drain has not come adrift from the sunroof tray as it is a bit of a nuisance to correct.