PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light on passat 2000

Mark Redman
19-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi i'm sure youv'e heard this question asked before, my air bag light has come on whilst driving down the road, i had a look under the seats for loose connectors all seemed ok. I s there anything else for me to try or am i wasting time and should just get it reset or the fault code read? will the light go out if i find the problem and correct it or will it still need resetting?
cheers:beerchug:

martin1810
20-02-2009, 12:02 AM
A code read will tell you the best area to look.e.g . passenger air bag. You still have to find the fault. Once fixed you clear the code and hey presto. If you got it right the light stays off. If you didn't it comes back on. Piece of cake if you've got your own code reader. Pain in the behind if you haven't.

Mark Redman
21-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi well ive had the code read on my car it is 01222 side air bag pass side crash sensor g180. Now i checked the yellow connector under the seat unplugged it checked continuity etc fault still comes up! Is there an actual sensor i can locate and check or replace?:mad::mad:

martin1810
21-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Are you sure connector is VERY clean. It's usual to cut it out and solder the wires because the ecu throws a code if the resistance is slightly out. What do you mean by checked continuity. From where to where.

Mark Redman
21-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Martin when i said about continuity i used a meter on each pin either side of the yellow plug just to check there was no resistance on plug.

Mark Redman
21-02-2009, 09:18 PM
If i were to cut off the plug i noticed there is a small piece of metal inside the plug it looks like a link to the two pins do i need to join these together or am i getting it wrong?:confused: