PDA

View Full Version : A6 Kangeroo

Kev.trebuan
10-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Can anyone help? I have a 1996 A6 2.0 8v that has an ignition cut-out problem when pulling from lights, onto roundabouts, or hill starts. It idles normally, and revs freely until I want to pull away. At the clutch bite, the ignition cuts causing the car to violently kangeroo hop down the road.

The only solution is to apply a very gentle throttle, slip the clutch to a gentle bite, then at approx 2000rpm, I can drive normally. Steep hill starts are impossible as the engine stalls completely.

It's not fuel as I have a gas conversion, and the problem occurs both on petrol and lpg. The plugs, leads, distributer and coil are all quite new.:aargh4:

Is it a relay problem or knackered ECU?

Ta:beerchug:

Kev.trebuan
10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
I have now replaced the relay 165906381 which according to one or two forums is a fault with the MK3 2.0 8v Golf (I'm assuming it's the same engine as my A6). Apparently it tells the ecu about the lamda sensor, and when faulty, the engine cuts at part throttle.

There is no improvement though, the car still cuts when pulling away, and won't do a hill start.:banghead: