PDA

View Full Version : One third power 2.5 tdi

skener
09-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi, my high milage 2000 audi 2.5 TDI A6 quatro sport has lost power. I do most of my mainetnance but cannot do computer digagnostics etc.
I was offshore when the problem began, and the details from my wife are: the engine note changed and then the engine cut out. After 10 minutes it restarted and she drove home 2 miles, but it was not right! flashing dash lights and lack of power.
On my return I charged the battery (3 weeks away) and the car started. (I did not drive the car) Next day I went to start it but no go, it only wound over. The fuel pump in the tank was pumping (more than normal) and the fuel LOW fuel light was on but showing 40miles left on the computer.
I put in 15litres of diesel and the tank pump went quiet but the car still did not start.
I towed the car to a local garage where they checked the cars fault codes. 4 were reset, and stayed off. They were something like: 1, Fuel shortage sender, 2, Data Bus ??, 3, injection pump ?? 4, Low pressure??. as you can see I cant remember them all but as the did reset and not reapear, I thought all was well.
No fuel was pumping to the mail Injection pump, while trying to start the engine.
Cutting short, I have fitted a new battery (was running down) and fuel filter, primed the fuel system using a small electric pump,(to suck through from tank to filter) bled the injectors and the car is running.
It is running all through the rev range but very very slow, like about 1/3rd power, and on the road is not good at all.
The AMF meter was changed 12ths ago (OE part from Audi) and at that time the fuel injection pump, gas recirc valve, boost valve, timimg etc were checked by a local deisel tuner and only the AMF was slightly out.

Can anyone tell me where to look now?
:(
Cheers