PDA

View Full Version : dab

walkaboutmx5
17-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi guys anyone know if there is a DAB module as a retrofit have asked Audi but as usuel the answer is NO!!!!!

kite
17-02-2009, 07:29 PM
A good forum for all Audi Nav.....

http://audiforum.us/

Issac Hunt
17-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Depends what audio system you currently have installed I think. If you have MMI high (color screen) then you can retro-fit DAB.

I will be attempting the DAB retro-fit on my A6 in the next couple of weeks, so I guess we'll see if it works eh?!

Niko
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi, I have purchased a Pure DAB radio for the car, it fits in the armrest glove box between the seats and takes power from the socket within. Aerial lead will just reach alongside tunnel under steering column and up the drivers door seal into the front right hand side of the window, it is a good fit, i.e. you cannot see it at all save the small tell tale aerial in the window. The radio will pick up the DAB transmission and convert to FM transmission and lock. Works great apart from low signal areas in the country.

Issac Hunt
03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I tired a pure unit in my A6 and it was pants. The signal dropped back to FM all the time, a pain for stations that aren't on FM!

I got the proper Audi kit fitted in the A6 and the reception is 100% better, never drops the signal. Have driven over 1000 miles with it up and down the country and its been perfect so far.