PDA

View Full Version : Blown Speaker

Zeb
17-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi all,

I recently posted a new thread informing that the speaker is making a rattling noise. Turns out out to be that there is a massive crease around the speaker.

I am thinking to replace them with front 2 Bose speakers.
Can anyone tell me will they fit and where could i possibly purchase them?
And what size are the standard driver side door speaker?

Cheers!!

TullyAGS
17-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Heres all the sizes and layout for Bose in the B6

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/Audi_A4_(B6)_Model_Year_2004_EN_tcm6-6165.pdf

Not sure where the best place to buy would be though. I could imagine they would be quite expensive to buy. You could get a decent set of pioneer or infinity speakers which would probly cost less

Zeb
17-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Heres all the sizes and layout for Bose in the B6

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/Audi_A4_(B6)_Model_Year_2004_EN_tcm6-6165.pdf

Not sure where the best place to buy would be though. I could imagine they would be quite expensive to buy. You could get a decent set of pioneer or infinity speakers which would probly cost less

Hi,

Thanks for the info/advice.
I have seen them on ebay for £39.99 for the pair but they are located in U.S.A. Im not sure wether or not i can trust them.

I will just keep on looking :(

Zeb
17-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I am after front component speakers that will produce more base.
Can you guys give me some advice on which ones i can go for?

jacktheraver
17-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Unless you have the proper BOSE enabled head unit the BOSE speakers will not function properly if at all, get yourself an adapter plate from bassjunkies.com and just fit some nice alpines in there or something.
The BOSE system is really not all that to be honest anyway and to convert your current system should it not be BOSE it would be alot on unecessary agro.

Zeb
18-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Unless you have the proper BOSE enabled head unit the BOSE speakers will not function properly if at all, get yourself an adapter plate from bassjunkies.com and just fit some nice alpines in there or something.
The BOSE system is really not all that to be honest anyway and to convert your current system should it not be BOSE it would be alot on unecessary agro.

Actually i do not have the BOSE speakers or the head unit fitted.
I thought BOSE will be produce an amazing sound and possibly better then pioneers and others. I have had a look on the Infinity kappa series spekaers, they look quite impressive but still looking around for other sets of speakers, (Pioneer, Alpine, etc..)