PDA

View Full Version : Dealer or Web

microwork
16-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi

Im from N. Ireland. Local dealer is looking £16528 for mk6 diesel, 110bhp diesel, 5 door, metallic paint.

I was on one of those new car web sites and they can get me one for £15529 - saving £1000.

Has anyone ever dealt with one of these sites or should I fight my local dealer for more discount - he is stubborn though...

James.

knt
17-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I say, if you don't want to take any risk ordering a big purchase through the internet then use your local dealers as I'm sure there's more than one of'em.

Although you would still get all the benefits for VW warranty through the web, it's just that little bit risker. Besides with most, if not all car manufacturers finding it difficult to sell new cars now, it might be worth asking them to price match or you'll buy your car elsewhere.

Hotspur
24-02-2009, 06:35 PM
I've used an internet broker in the past without problem and providing you pay the money to the dealer it's pretty risk free. The good ones take a commission for the introduction. If you have a px then you usually have to sell that privately.

I have just ordered a Mk6 SE 140 from a local dealer and quoted a named brokers price to them and said 'what can you do?' They got pretty close to the broker price. As I had a px I went with my local dealer and they gave me a good price for thw px as well.

You have to play the game and see what they will offer. A VW dealer may not have too much of their profit to give away compared to the fleet sellers.

iallen1@btinter
25-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I got a 1.4tsi se 3dr metallic silver for 14200 on the road and i was more than happy with that, and it was from a dealer, i should have it in two weeks

Remaster
28-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I bought a Passat a couple of years ago through drivethedeal.com and the service and price were superb. They put you in touch with a local VW dealer and you pay the deposit etc to the dealer, not the broker. You've got nothing to lose and it's the same as buying through a dealer without the haggling over price!

J400uk
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Drivethedeal are very good, and as others have pointed out its the supplying VW dealer you deal with, not drivethedeal. However its always worth taking drivethedeals quote to you local dealer and seeing if they can price match.

Also are you sure you want the 110 TDI? Not many people are buying them as the 1.4 TSI 122 makes a lot more sense unless you do a lot of miles (see http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/petrol-vs-diesel/?deriv=41614#deriv=41614&model=1729&manu=12243 ). Its should also be noted that the 2.0 TDI 110 will be discontiuned in Summer and replaced with a smaller and more efficent 1.6 TDI 105.

Griff449
04-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I enquired via a net broker and I was then transferred over to a dealership where I paid THEM the deposit and of course pay the rest on collection :) No probs at all! I would not however pay a broker any money to be honest just make sure its a broker that is just getting an intro commission from the dealership!

onemanparty
05-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Why use a Broker we you can get a better deal direct from the dealer :confused:

Griff449
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Why use a Broker we you can get a better deal direct from the dealer :confused:

Because there was no dealer prepared to offer the same price direct..............

onemanparty
05-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Because there was no dealer prepared to offer the same price direct..............

Why do the brokers get there cars?

Answer the dealers

Why pay someone to do it for you!

Griff449
05-03-2009, 07:45 PM
? I dont care as long as the price is right to be honest............... I have not paid the broker and have got the price I want from the dealer so smiles all round :)

iallen1@btinter
05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I tried a broker and they could only match the dealer

Griff449
05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Swings and roundabouts, end of the day go where the best price is :)

mr pastry
08-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Just as an example I bought a car not a VW but a Toyota :o !! I went to the dealer who I have had my car serviced and told them the deal I wanted ( I had done my homework and knew what the trade in price of my car was worth and used the lowest discounted price of the new one from a car broker )
They could not get near the price !!
I phoned a car broker (Carfile) who contacted a dealer who then phoned me and the deal was sorted out over the telephone including taking my part ex at the price to change I wanted.

The dealer was the same dealer who I had asked to the day before but was unable to match the price .
As the deal was done through there fleet department they could do the deal I wanted .
Before I ever buy through a broker I always give the dealer chance to get the business