PDA

View Full Version : Q5 3.0 TDi Test driven and ordered

two_paracetamol
16-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Just ordered a Q5 3.0 TDi S-Line (S-tronic obv).

Options: B&O, Drive Select, all the boring boot options for the dog, cruise, Tungsten Grey.

Not too late to change the spec. Opinions welcome.

Demo was amazing so really looking forward to this arriving.

Any questions re 3.0 TDI demo feel free. Also anyone want to see pics when it comes?

amack71
16-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Congratulations! I really should have gone for S tronic but the cost of the options just meant it was just a bit too much.

I went for the collapsible wheel, as the standard option is 12v compressor type thing which sprays foam inside your wheel to get you home. I figured whilst the collapsible wheel wouldn't go for too many miles, it would be easier to repair the flat rather than a wheel filled with foam!

Also the light pack is only £155,i've had it in my last two audis, it adds lights to things like your air vents and around the footwells etc, makes the interior a bit classier at night.

I guess the list is endless but yours looks spot on, although if you like your music would you not want AMI? even if you don't use an ipod you can connect other usb mp3 players?

Anyway look forward to your pics, mine is due last week of March/first week of April:beerchug:

two_paracetamol
16-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I have never managed to get into the USB/MP3 revolution but funny you should mention the Interior Light Package as I have been umming and ahhing about it.

Thinking I'll go for that and maybe Hill Hold Assist simply to avoid the blanking plate behind the parking brake switch...

onemanparty
16-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I have had a demo of the Q5 I would ensure you get the following:

Full MMI - the Sat Nav it is worth the money

two_paracetamol
16-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah it is absolutely fantastic. Far ahead of anything else I have seen. But it is too expensive for me and realistically I use Nav about once a fortnight or less. I will make do with a new TomTom.

Anyone else having a look though that is thinking about it seriously and has the money to spend or uses their Nav all the time... I would agree, go for it... the screen, the layout, the graphics not to mention the other benefits of uploading songs and so on (if you are that way inclined) make it a lot of useful technology.

amack71
18-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Forgot to mention that it doesn't come with a spare wheel but instead you get an expandable foam kit for inside the tyre. If you have to use it you'll need to replace the tyre, i've gone for the collapsible wheel option which provides you with one of those mini wheels to drive for short distances, a bit easier to do than plug in a 12v compressor unit and pump foam into the the wheel - well thats just my thoughts anyway!

two_paracetamol
23-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Build Week 14. (6 April I think).

Added to spec with Hill Hold Assist, Interior lighting, and the wife got in on the act with eleventh hour Blinds on the back windows for our little one.

Looking forward to seeing it!

cpd1
01-03-2009, 08:19 AM
I am more in the market for an A4 Allroad but must admit the Q5 is really nice and roomy inside.
Anyway I came across this (http://www.vredestein.com/Media_Nieuwsberichten.asp?NieuwsID=2074&HerkomsttabelID=1&UserSessionID=52480280) the other day, the collapsible spare in the Q5 seems to be a better set up than usual, so def worth going for.

two_paracetamol
02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info and useful link. Too late for me now though as the car is production confirmed I believe that no further spec changes are possible. Also the B&O subwoofer, I have discovered from the Q5 microsite, occupies the well for the spare wheel in any case.

I know it says nothing in the brochure but presumably this means you can't have B&O and a collapsible spare wheel....

Unless anyone else knows different.

On the subject of the B&O I must admit I wonder if the floor mat will affect the sound quality and also whether Fido will be able to sleep the journey from NW England to NE Scotland that we regularly do.

I'll have a look at the setup when it arrives and post an update. Anyone know where you can get ear defenders for our cannine friends :)

octagonmike
02-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the info and useful link. Too late for me now though as the car is production confirmed I believe that no further spec changes are possible. Also the B&O subwoofer, I have discovered from the Q5 microsite, occupies the well for the spare wheel in any case.

I know it says nothing in the brochure but presumably this means you can't have B&O and a collapsible spare wheel....

On the subject of the B&O I must admit I wonder if the floor mat will affect the sound quality and also whether Fido will be able to sleep the journey from NW England to NE Scotland that we regularly do.

I'll have a look at the setup when it arrives and post an update. Anyone know where you can get ear defenders for our cannine friends :)

Ahh thats interesting.

I wonder how my dog will get on with sitting on top of the B&O subwoofer on the way to work.

So thats a woofer and a sub woofer I'll have in the back :D

cpd1
08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
This is the quote from the official press release (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_4130.shtml) from July '08:

The additional storage levels are also a handy idea. The two-piece floor can be folded up to reveal a finely trimmed additional compartment about 18 centimeters (7.09 in) deep. This can accommodate a dirt-resistant tray that is ideal for storing wet or dirty objects such as running shoes or ski boots. Its size depends on whether the Audi Q5 is equipped with a hi-fi system with subwoofer or folding wheel, or alternatively the space-saving standard tire repair kit.

Not definite one way or the other but one would expect the order guide to highlight the incompatibility, but clearly no definitive answer...

pnuttall
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
I always thought using foam kit resulted in having to have a new tyre, however its not the case. My local garage informed me that the original foam get you home packs many years ago were a problem, but modern foam packs fine, they simply clean out the tyre and repair.

Tested a Q5 2.0 TDI SE last week and ordered.

psybear
29-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I guess the list is endless but yours looks spot on, although if you like your music would you not want AMI? even if you don't use an ipod you can connect other usb mp3 players?

First post here - took a drive in Q5 last week, very nice, I'm very interested. The dealer priced me up a spec that included the AMI for the Ipod connectivity, but not the Sat Nav (I'd rarely use it).

I tried speccing up the car the same way on the website but it advises that the AMI is only available if you opt for the Sat Nav. Ditto the brochure. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

amack71
29-04-2009, 11:46 PM
First post here - took a drive in Q5 last week, very nice, I'm very interested. The dealer priced me up a spec that included the AMI for the Ipod connectivity, but not the Sat Nav (I'd rarely use it).

I tried speccing up the car the same way on the website but it advises that the AMI is only available if you opt for the Sat Nav. Ditto the brochure. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

I have no 3G MMI but I was able to order the AMI. I ordered first week of February and see no reason why this would have changed would have changed since then. I've had my Q5 a week now and it's fantastic, much more room inside compared to my old A4 Avant, just great fun to drive.

psybear
29-04-2009, 11:55 PM
That's encouraging amack - thanks for the quick reply.

What model/spec did you go for?

I drove a manual 2.0TDI SE. What I fancy though is the same engine (can't see the 3 litre being worth 3 grand more) with multi-tronic, and S-Line spec, with AMI, Interior Light pack, privacy glass, Symphony radio/CD autochanger, and B&O speakers. Was thinking of the Monza silver but might save myself £500 by going with the flat black colour.

The local dealer advised me that they are limited in the number they can sell (???) and hence could only offer a small discount - 'maybe £700 but we can talk once you're ready to deal'.

Looking online, I could get a £3k discount via a broker.....

Edit: Oh yeah, new dog coming next week, must look at boot liner and guard options....

amack71
01-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi psybear,

I got about 6.75% off first week of february (wasn't trading in) but I'd imagine you should be able to get more. Drivethedeal will put you in touch with an Audi dealer willing to give good discount.
I got a monza silver S Line 2.0tdi manual(really wish i could have afforded the s tronic, but you have to draw the line somewhere!) with light and storage pack-light pack adds nice leds around different parts of the car definitely recommend it. Also AMI, 3 zone climate, bluetooth low, auto boot closer, sliding seats, parking plus and privacy glass. I'm not a fan of privacy glass but i"m glad i got it, looks good on a light metallic car.

I thoroughly recommend my extras and anything else you can afford, the only thing I wish I'd got was rear blinds and s tronic - maybe next time!!

psybear
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
For me, an auto box is an absolute necessity for a car like this - and I'm prepared to forgo the 3 zone climate, boot closer, sliding seats and phone prep in its favour! Very keen on the AMI though, and will specify the B&O speakers.

Could you do me a favour and tell me if the Monza silver is this colour: http://www.automobilesreview.com/gallery/the-audi-q5/q5080043_large.jpg

amack71
01-05-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.myaudiq5.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

That's my Q5 in the link above psybear. On a sunny day it looks very silvery on a dull day it looks very close to quartz grey. I Unfortunately you're right about the S tronic, it's ideal for a car like this, unfortunately I like the toys more!!

psybear
01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
That link won't work for me unfortunately amack. I get "Fatal error: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php in /home2/myaudiq5/public_html/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 112"

It's hard to imagine what the various colours in the brochure would be like on the car. I really like the light silver/grey in the pic above, but I appreciate it mgiht not be a true representation of what is available.

In the brochure, the Monza colour looks lightest, but on the Audi configuration webpage the Quartz looks lighter (and closer to the colour in the pic I posted).

amack71
01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
That link won't work for me unfortunately amack. I get "Fatal error: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php in /home2/myaudiq5/public_html/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 112"

It's hard to imagine what the various colours in the brochure would be like on the car. I really like the light silver/grey in the pic above, but I appreciate it mgiht not be a true representation of what is available.

In the brochure, the Monza colour looks lightest, but on the Audi configuration webpage the Quartz looks lighter (and closer to the colour in the pic I posted).

Sorry here you go,
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5782&stc=1&d=1241216790
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5783&stc=1&d=1241216790
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5784&stc=1&d=1241216790

psybear
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Looks good - thanks for these. If that's Monza then I think the other pic must actually be Ice Silver.

I assume from the reg that you are also in NI? Going to see if Agnews will even try to come close to the car brokers' prices, but somehow I doubt it.