PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM in Devon/Cornwall area

Steve N
15-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Does anyone have a VAG-COM in SE Cornwall/SW Devon area and able to help me?
I have a 52 Skoda Superb 1.9TDi which had the infamous porous gasket on the pollen filter allowing water into the passenger footwell causing the CCM to fail. I've fixed the leak and replaced the CCM with a used one and all is working fine except for the key fobs. I believe the CCM needs to be re-progammed to enable the remote function to work.
I live in Cornwall near Plymouth and travel to Heathfield near Bovey Tracey daily so I can come to you if that helps.

Cheers

Steve

onzarob
15-02-2009, 10:56 PM
you don't need Vag-com to program remotes.

it's quite easy, you must have 2 functional keys & all remotes you want programmed present to do so...
1. Turn ignition on with one key
Complete the following within 30 seconds, one remote control at a time.
2. Manually lock drivers door with other key
3. Press and hold the LOCK & UNLOCK buttons for 4 seconds minimum.
Repeat the above procedure to program remaining remote controls. Then turn ignition OFF and test remotes.

that the best description i can give. wind down the drivers window first ;)

You only need Vag-com to match keys to the immobiliser unit which is separate to the CCM ;)

Steve N
16-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Many thanks for that Onzarob. Worked a treat.

onzarob
16-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Many thanks for that Onzarob. Worked a treat.

Not a problem, when i did first on my car, i ened up with no keys working, then did it again and all ok....a tense 5 minutes:D

paul b
16-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Not a problem, when i did first on my car, i ened up with no keys working, then did it again and all ok....a tense 5 minutes:D
I tried helping a fellow forum member... in doing so I ended up breaking the remote central locking on my car! Then between us we managed to get it working again, but to my knowledge his car's remotes still don't work.

I could have been in big trouble from the wife! :D

onzarob
16-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I could have been in big trouble from the wife! :D

Ha Ha that sounds like mine too....always right:(

paul b
16-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Ha Ha that sounds like mine too....always right:(
:p

The worst thing is... it would have been the second time I broke it! :biglaugh: