PDA

View Full Version : alarm and unlocking itself

roadrunner
15-02-2009, 03:55 PM
any idea about my 2003 a3 1.9tdi sport 5 door...... the alarm keeps going off even when your driving but mainly when its locked and parked up on drive??....... and now when its parked unlocked ......the boot opens on its own.any ideas please

GeorgeE
16-02-2009, 12:13 PM
There is a fairly common problem with a blocked drain in the bulkhead area (near the battery), this then fills up with water and overflows into the passenger footwell area. The "convenience module" is under the passenger seat, this gets wet and causes all sorts of problems.

Have a feel of the carpet under the passenger seat.....

nutter1980
16-02-2009, 12:22 PM
My friend has just suffered kind of similar symptoms, Alarm sounding at all times of the day, Alarm sounding whilst driving, Electric windows stop working, Passenger doors wont unlock, Interior lights turn on and off at random.

His A4 1.9 TDI suffered from blocked water drainage holes in the engine bay, this caused an ingress of water on the front passenger side soaking the convenience unit located under the front passenger seat carpets which i am told controls things like central locking, alarm, interior lighting etc.

After reading several posts about this problem I advised him it sounded like a convenience unit problem, His car has now spent a week at an auto electricians and low and behold they have diagnosed the problem as a faulty convenience unit, Fault probably caused by the part coming in contract with water. £197 for the part so he told me. Not sure how much labour will be !

Hope this helps !

*** Ohh I forgot to mention , Audi actualy issued a recall for this fault, I would contact your local Audi garage and ask them if your car has had this modification to stop this problem from re occuring ! ***

After reading your post again I noticed you dont have an A4 , its an A3, Not sure if A3,s suffer from the blocked drainage problem ? Anyone ?