PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 1.8T petrol leak

ratbag_03
15-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Has anyone else come accross a petrol leak from the hose that goes from the tank to the fuel filter underneath the car. My hose has been rubbing against the floor, eventually causing a hole and for my petrol to be spewn all over the road when the ignition is on.
Took it to a ******* to have an investigation done which cost me £65 +vat :zx11: for only them to fob me off with a comment that my fuel hose has been cut on purpose. When I highlighted that this was done by the RAC so that they could get me going again he then suggested that my car had been in an accident. To which I replied that I am the second owner and when the car was bought it was HPI clear.
When picking up the car from the dealer I got another inspection done by another technician who then said that my fuel hose had come unclipped from above the petrol tank. Must have x-ray vision as not once has the tank been removed for inspection.
I want to raise this further but it would help my cause if I could find somebody else who has had the same issue.